Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tank That Refused to Die

(or) The Tank That Could Not Be Killed.

Is & or was there such a tank throughout History?

Only 1 comes to my mind, and it was an american tank of sorts that sits on display at The Patton Museum.

Soctts DG Chally2, in 2003. 19 RPG hits and three Milan III hits, the the baddies dented a side panel and scorched the paint work!
    Winnie says
    ---------------------------------
    "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
    Herr Flick.

Comment

While not a tank...

The Love Bug

"In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
      Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
      Bukowski

Comment

Was it the T28/95 experimental tank?
        "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
          Soctts DG Chally2, in 2003. 19 RPG hits and three Milan III hits, the the baddies dented a side panel and scorched the paint work!
          I was just waiting for you to reply........and I predicted your answer.

HIP HIP HOORAY. NO CHALLY2 WILL DIE TODAY!
          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by No_Nickname View Post
            Was it the T28/95 experimental tank?
            Yes, that is the only one I can think of.

They tried to kill it, but it survived & still lives, still unproven in battle, but it still lives.
            Last edited by Duke William; 14 Aug 07, 05:09.

Comment

Originally posted by salinator View Post
              I was just waiting for you to reply........and I predicted your answer.

HIP HIP HOORAY. NO CHALLY2 WILL DIE TODAY!
              it was the first one that springs to mind.

In fact the only other one was claimed by William here, the Maus, with it's apparently PIAT proof tracks.
              Winnie says
              "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
              Herr Flick.

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
                it was the first one that springs to mind.

In fact the only other one was claimed by William here, the Maus, with it's apparently PIAT proof tracks.
                Unfortunately, I was not talking about The Maus.

Comment

Any tank or vehicle can be killed....... All you need to do, is let my wife drive it

Comment

Obviously you are referring to the haunted Stewert tank of comic book fame.

It could shoot down pesky zeros while dangling from a parachute.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung-si View Post
                      Obviously you are referring to the haunted Stewert tank of comic book fame.

It could shoot down pesky zeros while dangling from a parachute.
                      No, not at all. I was hoping for some interesting entries like the one that Listy left about that Chally 2.

Comment

I'd go along with some of the stories about the WWI Renault tanks that soldiered-on until the end of WW II, fighting against the Allied powers from which it formally sprang
                        "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

A long time ago, I read about an M1A1(2?) in the first Gulf War that was immobilized by a mine(?). A decision was made to destroy the damaged tank to avoid capture by the enemy. To do this, another M1A1 fired from point blank, on the rear armor of the damaged tank, in an effort to completely knock it out. However, the first round did almost nothing so they fired, another and another and another, etc. After about half a dozen rounds they decided the job was done.

This was a true testament to the durability of the M1A1 Chobam armor that it could take multiple direct hits on rear armor, from point blank, from it's own rounds and survive! It almost makes you feels sorry for those poor Iraqi's....
                          Battles are dangerous affairs... Wang Hsi

Comment

Don't believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate-Drakk View Post
                              A long time ago, I read about an M1A1(2?) in the first Gulf War that was immobilized by a mine(?). A decision was made to destroy the damaged tank to avoid capture by the enemy. To do this, another M1A1 fired from point blank, on the rear armor of the damaged tank, in an effort to completely knock it out. However, the first round did almost nothing so they fired, another and another and another, etc. After about half a dozen rounds they decided the job was done.

This was a true testament to the durability of the M1A1 Chobam armor that it could take multiple direct hits on rear armor, from point blank, from it's own rounds and survive! It almost makes you feels sorry for those poor Iraqi's....

That of course does mean the main gun has less Ability than an RPG-7, which goes through the rear and top armour with ease...
                              Winnie says

It was an Accident."
                              Herr Flick.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X