Help me ID ADV!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me ID ADV!!!

As an old fan of air defence vehicles I by accident briefly saw a picture in a military/Modelling magazine of a new ADV turret version for some modern IFV/APC. Problem is as usual if one donít react immediately buying the mag you seldom get a second chance so now I cant seem to find the article again or any trace of the vehicle. I have spent hours on the net and with different magazines with out any success. Have I dreamed this one?

The Vehicle was something like French, UK or German (or other European? now open for all suggestions). The weapon system was supposed to be mounted on a small tracked vehicle ranging from a Scimitar, Marder or even smaller like the Wiesel.

Description:
    Small, flat one man or automatic turret with a probable size of the M901 TOW sys. The kit consists of small box of AA missiles Stinger/Mistral size, a tripple barrel gatling gun (thatís why I noticed it) in range of .50 cal to 20mm, sensor sys/turret base and another small box of AA Missiles on the other side. All in a very rectangular, flat, box shape. Does any one recognise this weapon system?

Regards
    Pappy
    "Charley Dontīt Surf."

I did own a similar sounding Model kit when younger, it was based on a LAV-25.
    I've seen photo's in one of my books that is of that model as well.

http://www.tracks-n-troops.com/Armo/72057.jpg
    Last edited by Listy; 07 Aug 07, 11:25.
    Winnie says
    ---------------------------------
    "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
    Herr Flick.

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
      I did own a similar sounding Model kit when younger, it was based on a LAV-25.
      I've seen photo's in one of my books that is of that model as well.

http://www.tracks-n-troops.com/Armo/72057.jpg
      Thank you Listy for your help, unfortunately what I am searching for is probably even more modern then the LAV-25 ADV and smaller. When thinking of it I wonder if itís even an air defence vehicle but some antitank/anti helo version as I doubt that the small gun is capable to engage targets at longer ranges. The LAV-25 ADV has a 5 barrrel 25mm gun but the vehicle Im searching for has probably a much lighter gun.

//Pappy
      "Charley Dontīt Surf."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X