Iran unveils its first fighter jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iran unveils its first fighter jet

Iran's minister of defense gave news that the Islamic Republic of Iran would soon unveil its new domestically manufactured fighter jet.

Brigadier General Mustafa Mohammad Najar while stating that the Islamic Republic of Iran was reaching self sufficiency in its military and defense industry noted that "Azarakhsh" would soon join Iran's air force.

"Soon our fighter, Azarakhsh which is another step taken by the Islamic Republic of Iran so to reach self sufficiency in its military and defense industry will fly."

This official also gave news that Iran was expecting to unveil a new national helicopter.

http://www.isna.ir/Main/NewsView.asp...-962982&Lang=E
    This "new fighter" is apparently based largely on the F-5, but with Russian engines and a V tail. It's supposed to have Iranian avionics and radar... so you'll have to forgive me if I'm not worried about it as a real threat.
    Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated... again...

Originally posted by sickpup View Post
    This "new fighter" is apparently based largely on the F-5, but with Russian engines and a V tail. It's supposed to have Iranian avionics and radar... so you'll have to forgive me if I'm not worried about it as a real threat.
    Same here. LOL, I'm sure all of our F-18 pilots are shaking in their flight suits .
    It's my firm conviction that when Uncle Sam calls, by God we go, and we do the best that we can. - R. Lee Ermey

Comment

We'll kick there ass out of the sky.
      "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

The Persian Empire is back under the flag of neo-Islamism (different creed, shame Persian !%[email protected]#&*!) except this time Leonidas commands B-2 Stealth bombers, nuclear powered ICBM submarines and other toys. Maybe the tables will turn we'll have an opportunity to see the Persians in a heroic stand to the last man.
        Last edited by MonsterZero; 29 Jul 07, 21:06.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
        --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

..... "In news just in the last Persian has died from acute radiation poisioning" :
          "Folks need to be realists and realize that peace is a nice idea, but ultimately unattainable on a worldwide level."
          - 6thInf Grandson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X