X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it?

We had this discussion a while ago.
    Back then the answer was a Stug.

What is the AFV at the top of the page??
    Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

looks like a late war version of a pz3, can't be a pz4 if you lok at the tracks............
    French Soldier: You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts.

Comment

The missing armour side skirt at the rear confounds the eye and that I think is the problem.

It is clearly a panzer 3 chassis, That is not open to debate.

Thus it is a stug. That much is as obvious as a smack in the face with a red herring

The stugs were given numerous weapons much like a lot of german armour, if I was an expert on german guns, odds are I would be more in your face exacting.

It appears to be of the tank hunter sort, more so than the support role sort.
      Life is change. Built models for decades.
      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
      I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

I want to know what the other tanks are under the different wargame threads? From what I see there are different ones for the different wargames?

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

Originally posted by LestheSarge9-1
          The missing armour side skirt at the rear confounds the eye and that I think is the problem.

It is clearly a panzer 3 chassis, That is not open to debate.

Thus it is a stug. That much is as obvious as a smack in the face with a red herring

The stugs were given numerous weapons much like a lot of german armour, if I was an expert on german guns, odds are I would be more in your face exacting.

It appears to be of the tank hunter sort, more so than the support role sort.
          The profile seems somewhat high for a Stug though.
          Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

Folks, I can distinctly count seven road wheels, meaning that there must be eight of them and not six. Therefore you are looking at a PzIV chassis. It's probably a H or J with hull and turrent skirts or schürzen.

This might help a bit:

http://www.geocities.com/pentagon/28...pziv/pziv.html
            Last edited by Prester John; 09 Feb 04, 00:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Prester John
              Folks, I can distinctly count seven road wheels, meaning that there must be eight of them and not six. Therefore you are looking at a PzIV chassis. It's probably a H or J with hull and turrent skirts or schürzen.

This might help a bit:

http://www.geocities.com/pentagon/28...pziv/pziv.html
              Yes it is a PzIV with schürtzen.

LaPalice.
              Monsieur de La Palice est mort
              Mort devant Pavie.
              Un quart d'heure avant sa mort
              Il était encore en vie...

Comment

Hello gentlemen,

I found the original image of the WHQ logo here (near the end of the page, see image in attachment, notice the damaged left corner of the tank) and it is a Panzerkampfwagen III Ausf. L (with six roadwheels ).

Nemo

[EDIT : Oooops! I was looking at the logo associated with the 'blue' profile option, I just checked the default style logo and it does not match . Too bad!]
                Attached Files
                Last edited by nemo; 09 Feb 04, 03:34.

Comment

Hello again,

According to the same source, this is a Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf. H captured by the Red Army (see image attached). Hope I'm hitting the right nail this time .

Nemo
                  Attached Files

Comment

As a modelist, looking at the attachment of the gun to the turret it is clear that it is a 75 mm gun included in a Panzer IV, the skirts round the turret and the main "body let's thing of an Ausfurung G H or J

An other way to declare if it is a H or J is the lenght of the 75 mm gun which pass from 43(G) to 48 calibers (H or J), comparing to different pictures it seems here to be a longer one

An other way to exclude Ausfuhrung J is the fact that the Tank commander cupola is straight in model J and stepped before, an it is clearly steeped there

My conclusion Panzer model IV Ausfuhrung H

Der WanderPanzerFurhrer
                    The Best weapon ever:a good Joke. The Best shield ever: Humour
                    JLBETIN© Aka Der Wanderer TOAW Section Leader is a █ WHQ/SZO/XG/Gamesquad® product since 01/2003
                    The Birth of European Army Tournament round Three is opened

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X