Another fun poll: most revolutionary weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another fun poll: most revolutionary weapon

There is an oft debated topic of which gun has had the largest impact on history. For the sake of not including hand cannons and other crap, ive only used 1800's-present weapons.
    Garand M1
    13.79%
    Ak-47
    20.69%
    Colt peacemaker
    13.79%
    M-16(AR-15)
    6.90%
    Maxime MG
    34.48%
    BAR
    6.90%
    Thompson
    3.45%
    MP5
    0.00%
    Doesn't read Al Franken, can't watch Al Jazeera, will attack dumbasses. Anyone but Rumsfeld '04.

GOSHDARNIT!! it won't let me vote arrgh

Comment

If i could vote then i'd say it was the ak47,not because it was the most revolutinary but because it was the direct product of the STG44.If it wasn't for the STG44 then there never woulda been an
      AK47 or M-16.

Comment

In terms of the impact on WWI and WWII tactics, and therefore twentieth century warfare, I voted for the Maxim machine gun (and all the guns it inspired). The Maxim machine gun and the guns it spawned sent a lot of soldiers to their graves.

But what do I know. I don't even own a gun

Fading Captain
        ". . . those who win every battle are not really skillful--those who render other's armies helpless without fighting are the best of all." Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Hey, where´s Suomi konepistooli, the Mother of all SMGs?
          “To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just so long as it is needed…” -1984 about the Big Lie

Comment

Most revolutionary weapon? Without a doubt, it would be the club. Allowing standoff capabilities and a heretofore unrealizable force multiplication over previous weapons systems (fists, feet, teeth, and body odor) it redefined man's place in the world. Unconfirmed, but hypothesized by prominent paleoanthropologists is the theory that it was actually first used by a woman, who was probably tired of being ignored by her husband while he was busy with his friends, playing games.
            Attached Files
            I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

lol

James, so you need some shield or armor? I got plenty for ya...
              Attn to ALL my opponents:

If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

Comment

LOL

Comment

The funny thing is that he is probably right.
                  Editor-in-Chief
                  GameSquad.com

Comment

Yeah i can vote now!Thanks.

Comment

Most revolutionary weapon?

In my mind it has to be the Atomic Bomb.

I believe this is possibly the only weapon which has stoped countries going to war.

Would the Western Allies and Soviets fought each other in the early 50's had both sides not had the weapon?

Would millions of Indians and Pakistani's (Sorry if mis-spelled)
                      be dead through warfare and privation in the last few years had both sides not had the weapon?

A close second is the Garden Strimmer........ after being caught on the legs once with one of those bloody things you don't go near another gardener! they are tough! lol
                      As I walk through the valley of death I shall fear no Evil.

For I am the meanest mother f***** in the valley.

George Patton jr.

Comment

Oooops lol

Just read HEADBANG's statement at the top.

Most Revolutionary Gun.

Martini Henry Rifle.

first rifle to give effective rapid fire, spawned most of the worlds rifles after that, staved off the Zulu Impi's (when having a proper defence!) and you didn't need to pee down the barrel because it gets clogged with burned gunpowder.

In hand to hand i'd still go for the strimmer though!

George Patton jr.

Comment

Re: Oooops again

Originally posted by Alvis_Striker
                          Just read HEADBANG's statement at the top.
                          Sorry Headshot, not Headbang! lol

god i'm having a mare!

George Patton jr.

Comment

Alvis i take it your talkin about a weed wacker?Well in that case you've never been hit with a wiffleball bat.Take a whack from one of those suckers in the legs while wearing shorts.It takes a day for the welt to go away.Ah the good old days of gym class The wiffleball bat in the right teenage hands is a fearsome hand to hand weapon

Comment

Wiffleball?!?

Originally posted by John Paul
                              Alvis i take it your talkin about a weed wacker?Well in that case you've never been hit with a wiffleball bat.Take a whack from one of those suckers in the legs while wearing shorts.It takes a day for the welt to go away.Ah the good old days of gym class The wiffleball bat in the right teenage hands is a fearsome hand to hand weapon
                              In England when I was at school we had a game called KwikCricket, it used a plastic, hollow blue cricket bat, they stung like hell when slapped on the legs.

As for Weed Wacker, in England (or at least at work) we call them either Bush Cutters or Strimmers.

A Strimmer actually has some 'ranged Chemical Combat' to it. Just Strim through Dog-S*** and see everyone run. Trouble is you get covered in it!

Has anyone ever come up with a gas / chemical weapon that didn't kill, but just stunk to high heavens? or do modern Gas Masks come with nose plugs too?

George Patton jr.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X