Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Name This Tank

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • UNDER THE Desgise

    Originally posted by Kevin Kenneally View Post
    OK,

    Now this tank is something you need to pay attention too.

    So have fun.
    Its a panther estras before the desgise sheetmetal m10 mockup is instaled
    "Damn the torpedoes; where are my condoms!?!"
    "The price of freedom, is always blood

    leo 1a2 can. rental 1977
    m1a1 1/64 2003 [thunder run]
    leo2a6m 'the stan'
    leo1a3-c2 leopard germ.
    leo2a6m barricuda camo afgan.
    leo2a4 can.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by majorchuck View Post
      Its a panther estras before the desgise sheetmetal m10 mockup is instaled
      Sorry Chuck,

      But your do not have the correct answer. Please look at the Johnny_boomboom answer above.
      Kevin Kenneally
      Masters from a school of "hard knocks"
      Member of a Ph.D. Society (Post hole. Digger)

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Kevin Kenneally View Post
        It is a D model hull with the A model turret. Polish Army late 1946, early 1947 doing tests on this vehicle.
        How exactly can you tell? Early Ausf.A hulls were exactly the same as those of Ausf.D.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Destroyer25 View Post
          Thank you Mr Bot for the unrelated, incorrect and useless information.
          Same thing I was thinking
          “Come and take it!"

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Kevin Kenneally View Post
            Johnny.

            Good guess. You have correctly identified the vehicle.

            It is a D model hull with the A model turret. Polish Army late 1946, early 1947 doing tests on this vehicle.

            The blocks are used to simulate the correct weight of the basic ammunition load.

            I got this picture from a guy who lives in Warsaw Poland.

            Thanks for all who had fun identifying this picture. Now you see the details that US Army Scouts had to get in less than 10 seconds.
            Unless you can prove it's a rebuild, which is only possible from the chassis number, I must dispute that. As I have stated before, Ausf. A was created by mounting a completely revised turret on the Ausf. D hull. The addition of the ball mount for the MG and other small changes occurred later during the course of Ausf. A production. Therefore, the hull/superstructure of the early Ausf. A as seen in photographs such as this, is indistinguishable from Ausf. D.

            So, unless re-build (retro-fit of the new turret) to an earlier Ausf. D is proven in this case, the only reasonable conclusion is that this is an Ausf. A.
            "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

            Comment


            • Ha! So it is an Ausf A! I win! Rep nao! Oh wait...That's the other forum I'm on.
              A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by DogDodger View Post
                How exactly can you tell? Early Ausf.A hulls were exactly the same as those of Ausf.D.
                Precisely. Unless there is confirmed specific information (such as a chassis number) to prove it's a rebuild of an Ausf. D, the only reasonable verdict is that it is an Ausf. A.
                "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Destroyer25 View Post
                  Ha! So it is an Ausf A! I win! Rep nao! Oh wait...That's the other forum I'm on.
                  Let's wait to see if KK can produce proof positive, that this is a rebuilt Ausf. D.

                  If not, then our case stands. Reference from a Jentz volume dedicated to the Panther series, which includes the range of chassis numbers for each Ausfuhrung, can be produced if required.
                  "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
                    Precisely. Unless there is confirmed specific information (such as a chassis number) to prove it's a rebuild of an Ausf. D, the only reasonable verdict is that it is an Ausf. A.
                    Well, I am glad to find out that I was correct on other quiz
                    http://www.ww2f.com/quiz-me/20499-na...tml#post460579

                    Although, additional weight is still mystery...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
                      Let's wait to see if KK can produce proof positive, that this is a rebuilt Ausf. D.

                      If not, then our case stands. Reference from a Jentz volume dedicated to the Panther series, which includes the range of chassis numbers for each Ausfuhrung, can be produced if required.
                      Picture and explanation were sent by a friend from Warsaw Poland. I can only tell you WHAT he has sent to me.

                      As for the technical data, no chasis number available.
                      Kevin Kenneally
                      Masters from a school of "hard knocks"
                      Member of a Ph.D. Society (Post hole. Digger)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by vathra View Post
                        Well, I am glad to find out that I was correct on other quiz
                        http://www.ww2f.com/quiz-me/20499-na...tml#post460579

                        Although, additional weight is still mystery...
                        The weights are to simulate the ammunition and other essentials of the basic loads for testing purposes.
                        Kevin Kenneally
                        Masters from a school of "hard knocks"
                        Member of a Ph.D. Society (Post hole. Digger)

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Kevin Kenneally View Post
                          Johnny.

                          Good guess. You have correctly identified the vehicle.

                          It is a D model hull with the A model turret. Polish Army late 1946, early 1947 doing tests on this vehicle.

                          The blocks are used to simulate the correct weight of the basic ammunition load.

                          I got this picture from a guy who lives in Warsaw Poland.

                          Thanks for all who had fun identifying this picture. Now you see the details that US Army Scouts had to get in less than 10 seconds.

                          Yay!!!!


                          Guess.......whaddya mean guess????? Oh, yeah, course it was!!!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
                            Unless you can prove it's a rebuild, which is only possible from the chassis number, I must dispute that. As I have stated before, Ausf. A was created by mounting a completely revised turret on the Ausf. D hull. The addition of the ball mount for the MG and other small changes occurred later during the course of Ausf. A production. Therefore, the hull/superstructure of the early Ausf. A as seen in photographs such as this, is indistinguishable from Ausf. D.

                            So, unless re-build (retro-fit of the new turret) to an earlier Ausf. D is proven in this case, the only reasonable conclusion is that this is an Ausf. A.
                            oh don't be so pedantic and give me the points!!!






                            Seriously.....just kidding!!! You are quite right - lots of variables at play in this picture,and my in depth knowledge ain't anywhere near as good as your's!!! Guess I'll have to chalk this up to a 'maybe' at best!!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Johnny_BoomBoom View Post
                              oh don't be so pedantic and give me the points!!!






                              Seriously.....just kidding!!! You are quite right - lots of variables at play in this picture,and my in depth knowledge ain't anywhere near as good as your's!!! Guess I'll have to chalk this up to a 'maybe' at best!!!
                              In the absence of proof of a rebuild, the only reasonable conclusion is that the Panther in the photo is an early production Ausf. A because it has all the externally visible characteristics of that model. That said, you are still most welcome to the points. I can afford it.
                              "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
                                In the absence of proof of a rebuild, the only reasonable conclusion is that the Panther in the photo is an early production Ausf. A because it has all the externally visible characteristics of that model. That said, you are still most welcome to the points. I can afford it.
                                Who made you the "decider" for the picture I posted.

                                If you want a chasis number, I suggest you go get into your "Way-back" time machine and find out. Until then, I will go with what I received from my fried in Warsaw Poland.
                                Kevin Kenneally
                                Masters from a school of "hard knocks"
                                Member of a Ph.D. Society (Post hole. Digger)

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X