X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AEP View Post
    Pointy nose...

At first I thought M-48. Then I realized I was looking at the wrong side of the Atlantic.

Its a T-10M
    Winnie says
    ---------------------------------
    "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
    Herr Flick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erkki View Post
      Js-3?
      Bravo, you got it

Here's a comparison with the IS-7 and T-10

IS-7

T-10
      Attached Files
      "We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time."
      T. S. Elliot

Comment

• Though this is not necessarily meant to depict a specific tank (I think it's just meant to be a generic traffic sign), I do still think it bears a remarkable resemblance to one tank in particular...

I)

EDIT: Now that I'm at it, I think I'll throw in a few more

II)

III)

IV)

V)
        Attached Files
        Last edited by AEP; 14 Jul 09, 21:06.
        "We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time."
        T. S. Elliot

Comment

• Panzer IV, Sherman 76, M-60, M1 and a partridge in a pear tree (AKA, M3 lee)
          Winnie says
          ---------------------------------
          "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
          Herr Flick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Listy View Post
            Panzer IV, Sherman 76, M-60, M1 and a partridge in a pear tree (AKA, M3 lee)
            Absolutely correct
            T. S. Elliot

Comment

• Which tank is powered by this engine?

Attached Files
              T. S. Elliot

Comment

Which tank is powered by this engine?

M1 Abrams perhaps?
                "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                Ernest Hemingway.

First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure. - Mark Twain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
                  M1 Abrams perhaps?
                  Nope.

The position of the engine exhausts and fans give it away
                  Last edited by AEP; 15 Jul 09, 07:18.
                  T. S. Elliot

Comment

• Just guessing here,a T-80 maybe?
                    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                      Just guessing here,a T-80 maybe?
                      Guess again
                      T. S. Elliot

Comment

Which tank is powered by this engine?

Leopard II? (The fan positioning is strongly reminiscent of the model kit I have of that tank.)
                        "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

• Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
                          Leopard II? (The fan positioning is strongly reminiscent of the model kit I have of that tank.)
                          You are quite right

This is a MTU MB 873 Ka-501 engine for the Leopard 2, in this case meant for the Strv 122. It is based on a common industrial engine which has been adapted for military use. Variants of the MTU MB 873 Ka-501 can also be found on for example the Merkava IV and K2 Black Panther, built under license or in co-operation with MTU.

Here are two images which show how the fans and exhausts of the engine are articulated in the Leo 2 hull.

Attached Files
                          T. S. Elliot

Comment

• Nice tough, although the tank is from a different era

Attached Files
                            T. S. Elliot

Comment

Nice tough, although the tank is from a different era

Seems like a very unkind thing to do to a M551 Sheridan.
                              "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

• Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
                                Seems like a very unkind thing to do to a M551 Sheridan.
                                Oh I can think of worse things to do to those Aluminum Zippos.
                                BoRG
                                'A Battle is the Shield Wall. It's smelling your enemy's breath while he tries to disembowel you with an axe'

Comment

Working...
                                X