All human ills he can subdue,
    Or with a bauble or medal
    Can win mans heart for you;
    And many a blessing know to stew
    To make a megloamaniac bright;
    Give honour to the dainty Corse,
    The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

• I think its a Chinese sword. Although the last picture shows signs of Damascus Steel forging. So I'm not sure. But that's my guess.
      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
        I think its a Chinese sword. Although the last picture shows signs of Damascus Steel forging. So I'm not sure. But that's my guess.
        Close enough. I guess this was a bit too obscure. It is a Tibetan longsword, called a ke tri. It is a fairly modern version of the style (19th century) and the style of forging is "piled" or "watered-steel". What we know of as Damascus Steel is actually taken from ancient India. High carbon steel was in use in the Himalayas long before the west "discovered" it!

http://www.vikingsword.com/ethsword/tibet/index.html

Link here to the page I found this one on.

Your turn Bwaha!
        History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
        _________
        BoRG

Comment

• Okay, Try this one:

Rear view.

Hint- It is a relatively new Russian naval weapon.
          Last edited by Bwaha; 18 Jan 09, 22:21.
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• 2nd hint. Weapon responsible for the loss of the Kursk.

Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

• VA-111 шквал

Shkval torpedo

"The secret of war lies in the communications" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• Correct. http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...sia/shkval.htm
                We need to build a active point defense system, I'm thinking a modern variant of the Hedgehog antisubmarine system. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedgehog_(weapon)

Who's next?
                Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

• How about this then?

Attached Files

Comment

• Re: Name That Weapon

It looks like a Shillelagh AT missile for an M551.
                    Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.

Comment

• Originally posted by M2maduce View Post
                      It looks like a Shillelagh AT missile for an M551.
                      Nope, but its roughly the same size though.

Comment

• Copperhead artillery round?

Comment

• Is it a Russian weapon? Fired from a 155mm gun??? I'm to busy to look it up but...
                          Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

• TOW anti tank missle maybe?
                            2013 I'm going into West Point if it kills me. 2017 (or 2012 depending on West Point) I'm joining the Airborne if it kills me and it actually might.

Comment

• Okay, I think i got it. It is a Refleks 9M119 AT-11 SNIPER. I'm not completely certain, but I'm pretty sure...
                              Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

• Nobdoy has nailed it yet, allthough some have been sort of close.

More help:
                                • It will fit in a 120 mm barrel.
                                • Look at the picture and try to identify the different components. Do you for example see an engine? No... (so what proppells it?)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X