Clear All

• Originally posted by the_redstar_swl View Post
    Don't think this has been posted yet.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3946/pdwbn4.jpg
    Nobody?

Comment

Nobody?
      That's the Swizz Tuma mte .224 VA n' the earlier picture is the Tuma mte .224 V
      The safest place in Korea was behind a platoon of Marines. Lord how they could fight! - MGEN Frank Lowe, U.S. Army.
      ----
      We got a kinder, gentler, Machine gun hand - N.Y.

Comment

• new photo to try

try this one guys
        Attached Files
        Confucius he say, war not determine who's right. War determine who's left

Comment

• Originally posted by Druid_Ian View Post
          try this one guys
          This old chestnut.

It's a 75mm RCL mounted on a scooter, as used by the French Para's in North Africa during their colonial bust ups after WWII.
          Winnie says
          ---------------------------------
          "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
          Herr Flick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Listy View Post
            This old chestnut.

It's a 75mm RCL mounted on a scooter, as used by the French Para's in North Africa during their colonial bust ups after WWII.
            Well done Listy

a scooter armed with a 75mm cannon.

After World War II, there was little money for defense spending while the nations of Europe rebuilt their industry and society. When there was some cash to spend, one had to be creative to stretch it as far as possible. The French probably accomplished the most astounding example of that with the ACMA Troupes Aeról Portées Mle. 56. Deployed with their airborne forces, this was essentially a militarized Vespa scooter outfitted with a 75mm recoilless rifle. Five parachutes would carry the two-man gun crew, weapon, ammunition, and two scooters safely to earth, and the men would load the weapon on one scooter and the ammo on the other, then ride away. More impressively, the recoilless rifle could be fired effectively on the move by the best of the gun crews. Total cost? About $500 for the scooter and the recoilless rifle was war surplus. Were they successful military machines? Well, the French Army deployed about 800 armed scooters in wars conducted in both Algeria and Indochina.”

Comment

• It's gone ab it quiet, so lets open things with a BANG:

Caused by this:

But what is it?
              Winnie says
              "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
              Herr Flick.

Comment

• It could be described as a toffee apple mortar but as for which version I cant remeber which one I have seen the photo recently but can't find the reference at the moment

Comment

It could be described as a toffee apple mortar but as for which version I cant remeber which one I have seen the photo recently but can't find the reference at the moment
                  Just give me country of origin and Role, and it's yours.
                  Winnie says

It was an Accident."
                  Herr Flick.

Comment

• used for destroying barbed wire but also used to deliver gas by the british during the Somme

I guess that the fact that they are British officers is a red herring so I will guess German as they also used Toffee Apple style mortars

Comment

used for destroying barbed wire but also used to deliver gas by the british during the Somme

I guess that the fact that they are British officers is a red herring so I will guess German as they also used Toffee Apple style mortars
                      Well it's a trench mortar all right. So that's 50% right.
                      Winnie says

It was an Accident."
                      Herr Flick.

Comment

It's gone ab it quiet, so lets open things with a BANG:

Caused by this:

But what is it?
                        So it's not a British 2-inch (or 4-inch) mortar?

Hmmm. . .

I dunno, then.

Me neither.

Comment

• That's not a Stokes mortar, is it?

I thought the Stokes was an actual mortar, rather than the spigot type...
                          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
                            That's not a Stokes mortar, is it?

I thought the Stokes was an actual mortar, rather than the spigot type...
                            It's a Canadian WWI Trench mortar.

Right new shiny for you lot to have a guess at:

Winnie says

It was an Accident."
                            Herr Flick.

Comment

It's a Canadian WWI Trench mortar.

Right new shiny for you lot to have a guess at:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/uploads.../strange_2.jpg
                              Thats a vertical flamethrower which was built by the Department of Miscellaneous Weapons Development.

Comment

Thats a vertical flamethrower which was built by the Department of Miscellaneous Weapons Development.
                                Damn..., that would really surprise a paratrooper....
                                "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X