Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name That Weapon

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Conlin
    What kind of shotgun is this???


    You might want to re-name the picture as well to something generic.
    Winnie says
    ---------------------------------
    "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

    It was an Accident."
    Herr Flick.

    Comment


    • how about this one
      Attached Files
      "Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube"
      (May others wage war, you lucky Austria marry)

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Fritzthemoose View Post
        how about this one
        There are several sub-varients but the basic rifle is the Steyr SSG69. The stock shape as well as that classic bolt handle are a clue to the Steyr/Mannlicher origin.
        "Every man should be his own Guru; every woman her own Gurette" ...Ed Abbey

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Wustenfuchs View Post
          There are several sub-varients but the basic rifle is the Steyr SSG69. The stock shape as well as that classic bolt handle are a clue to the Steyr/Mannlicher origin.
          Yep
          "Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube"
          (May others wage war, you lucky Austria marry)

          Comment


          • This one...
            When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
            Jimi Hendrix

            Comment


            • Originally posted by M.Joensen View Post
              This one...
              Krag-Jørgensen
              "Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube"
              (May others wage war, you lucky Austria marry)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Fritzthemoose View Post
                Krag-Jørgensen
                Yes...did'nt last long that one

                Info to picture:
                The Krag-Jørgensen rifle was devoloped about 1885 by Ole Krag and Erik Jørgensen. Krag was a captain in the Norwegian army, and Jørgensen an armament engineer at the Norwegian state arsenal. In 1889, the rifle was introduced in the Danish army, using the 8 x 58R caliber. The United States purchased the weapon in 1892 with a slightly modified loading gate on the right-hand side of the weapon. The gate on the first model was hinged to open forwards.
                The American version - and the model also later supplied to the Norwegian army - have the gate hinged at the lower edge, allowing it to open vertically. The advantage of this arrangement being that the rounds were less prone to drop from theweapon before the gate could be closed after loading. The US version, using the .30-40R caliber, was manufactured under license by the Springfield Armory at Springfield Massachusetts during 1894-1897.
                The Krag-Jørgensen rifle shown is a Norwegian army model, chambered for 6.5 x 55 mm.
                A large number of this basic model were manufactured as standard rifle, various carbine models, and two types of sniper rifle.
                When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
                Jimi Hendrix

                Comment


                • New one

                  What is this
                  When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
                  Jimi Hendrix

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by M.Joensen View Post
                    New one

                    What is this
                    looks like a mg 30 to me
                    "Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube"
                    (May others wage war, you lucky Austria marry)

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Fritzthemoose View Post
                      looks like a mg 30 to me
                      You think so...well, its not the MG 30
                      When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
                      Jimi Hendrix

                      Comment


                      • Thats is...... whatever that is..... a gun of some kind I'd say.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CDT.Conc View Post
                          Thats is...... whatever that is..... a gun of some kind I'd say.
                          Well...Ok, I'm generous, I'll give you 1 point for that, but then Fritzthemoose gets 8
                          When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
                          Jimi Hendrix

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by M.Joensen View Post
                            New one

                            What is this
                            Guess that one was to unknown, and I don't like to torture you Fritzthemoose
                            Its the leMG 13

                            Here's some info on leMG 13
                            Despite the Treaty restrictions on German machine-gun development, and by using both the Sommerda facilities and the Rheinmetall-Borsig shadow facilities at Solothurn in Switzerland, designer Louis Stange took the water-cooled Dreyse machine gun as basis for a new air-cooled design. This was officially accepted for service by the German Army in 1932, although there is reason to suspect that numbers had already been issued for extended trials during the late 1920s. The revised gun was known as the 7.92mm leMG 13; the '13' was a code to hide its post-1919 development from Treaty investigators. Much of the detail reworking from the pre-1918 Dreyse to the air-cooled MG 13 was carried out by Simson und Sohn of Suhl, Thuringia.
                            The leMG 13 was an awkward-looking and overlong design, but it did provide the German Army with a positive indication that they were working along the correct lines. Ammunition feed was from eiter 25-round box magazin or from the 75-round drum magazines that were to become a virtual trademark of several later German machine guns.
                            Although considered adequate for familiarization and preparation for what was to come, the leMG 13 was not what the Germans planners were seeking. After sufficient MG 34 machine guns started to become available, the leMG 13s were relegated to training purposes. By the late 1930s, almost all German leMG 13 holdings had been disposed of via the international second-hand arms market to other nations. One nation known to have purchased these second-hand leMG 13s was Portugal, where the gun was known as the m/938. Other, smaller, batches went to Spain, El Salvador and China. Contrary to generally accepted references, not all the leMG 13s were sold, for German troops occupying the Channel Islands after 1940 are known to have retained leMG 13s for some years. (As a footnote, old ex-Portuguese leMG 13s were still being reported as still operational in Angola during the early 1980s.)

                            Leichte Maschinegewehr 13
                            Cartridge: 7.92 x 57mm
                            Lenght: 1.341m
                            Lenght of barrel: 720mm
                            Weight unloaded: 11.43kg
                            Type of feed: 25-round box or 75-round drum
                            Muzzle velocity: 823m/s
                            Rate of fire, cyclic: 550 rds/min

                            Source: Germany's infantry weapons 1939-45 by Terry Gander
                            When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
                            Jimi Hendrix

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by M.Joensen View Post
                              Guess that one was to unknown, and I don't like to torture you Fritzthemoose
                              Its the leMG 13

                              Here's some info on leMG 13
                              Despite the Treaty restrictions on German machine-gun development, and by using both the Sommerda facilities and the Rheinmetall-Borsig shadow facilities at Solothurn in Switzerland, designer Louis Stange took the water-cooled Dreyse machine gun as basis for a new air-cooled design. This was officially accepted for service by the German Army in 1932, although there is reason to suspect that numbers had already been issued for extended trials during the late 1920s. The revised gun was known as the 7.92mm leMG 13; the '13' was a code to hide its post-1919 development from Treaty investigators. Much of the detail reworking from the pre-1918 Dreyse to the air-cooled MG 13 was carried out by Simson und Sohn of Suhl, Thuringia.
                              The leMG 13 was an awkward-looking and overlong design, but it did provide the German Army with a positive indication that they were working along the correct lines. Ammunition feed was from eiter 25-round box magazin or from the 75-round drum magazines that were to become a virtual trademark of several later German machine guns.
                              Although considered adequate for familiarization and preparation for what was to come, the leMG 13 was not what the Germans planners were seeking. After sufficient MG 34 machine guns started to become available, the leMG 13s were relegated to training purposes. By the late 1930s, almost all German leMG 13 holdings had been disposed of via the international second-hand arms market to other nations. One nation known to have purchased these second-hand leMG 13s was Portugal, where the gun was known as the m/938. Other, smaller, batches went to Spain, El Salvador and China. Contrary to generally accepted references, not all the leMG 13s were sold, for German troops occupying the Channel Islands after 1940 are known to have retained leMG 13s for some years. (As a footnote, old ex-Portuguese leMG 13s were still being reported as still operational in Angola during the early 1980s.)

                              Leichte Maschinegewehr 13
                              Cartridge: 7.92 x 57mm
                              Lenght: 1.341m
                              Lenght of barrel: 720mm
                              Weight unloaded: 11.43kg
                              Type of feed: 25-round box or 75-round drum
                              Muzzle velocity: 823m/s
                              Rate of fire, cyclic: 550 rds/min

                              Source: Germany's infantry weapons 1939-45 by Terry Gander
                              Ha! I can't hardly pronounce that one - much less recognize it!!!

                              Keep 'em comming - I'll get one eventually!
                              CPT T
                              Field Artillery
                              BDE S3 - Peacemaker 3 - OIF 09
                              FSO - 1BCT, 3ID - OIF III

                              "Loved or Hated... Never Ignored... COLT sticks it deep!"

                              Comment


                              • how about this one
                                Attached Files
                                "Bella gerant alii, tu, felix Austria, nube"
                                (May others wage war, you lucky Austria marry)

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X