Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A recoiless righle on a slay? Are you planning to shoot Santa's North Pole?
    I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

• Originally posted by Karri View Post

And what is this?
      Is it a Raskas Sinko/95 S 58-61M?

Comment

• Correcto mundo!
        Wisdom is personal

Comment

• so no ones got my one yet?

Comment

• hey guys - a little help... What's the name of the russian version of the Tommy gun... produced before and during WWII - it had a drum mag and a triangle-shapped flutted barrel?
            CPT T
            Field Artillery
            BDE S3 - Peacemaker 3 - OIF 09
            FSO - 1BCT, 3ID - OIF III

"Loved or Hated... Never Ignored... COLT sticks it deep!"

Comment

• PPSH. This right?
              I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

• that is the PPSH 41 i beleive.

the PPSH 43 was meant for the defense of leningrad, it had a Banana magasine

VIVE L'EMPEREUR

Comment

• There was also the PPD-40 (or something similar) used mostly by NKVD. It looks almost the same a the PPSH-41
                  Winnie says
                  ---------------------------------
                  "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
                  Herr Flick.

Comment

• Was there a PPSH-42? I think I saw one on COD2
                    "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

• the PPSH-43 was the successor to the PPSH-41
                      Winnie says
                      ---------------------------------
                      "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
                      Herr Flick.

Comment

• Ok time to settle this once and for all:

PPD-40 early war SMG

PPSH-41 standard Soviet SMG

PPS-42 the Leningrad SMG
                        "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

• no one has done mine yet

Comment

• Originally posted by CDT.Conc View Post
                            no one has done mine yet
                            Looks like an Enfield no. 8 Infantry Rifle.
                            Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC

Comment

• Originally posted by Arkane View Post
                              Looks like an Enfield no. 8 Infantry Rifle.
                              I was going to say it looked like the No. 5 Jungle Carbine, but on closer look I think Arkane nailed it. Looks like the No8 Infantry version. Good call Arkane!
                              "Every man should be his own Guru; every woman her own Gurette" ...Ed Abbey

Comment

• A footnote to the discussion on what we referred to as the PPSH-41 on the Pusan Perimeter in August '50. I know of one case where a Marine was hit with 14 rounds from that weapon from a distance of not more than 20 yards. Most of those rounds hit him in the chest. Amazingly, he lived several days after being wounded. The NKs were well supplied with that weapon on the Perimeter. We saw far fewer of the PPSH during the Inchon and Seoul operations in Sep '50. At the Chosin Reservoir the ChiComs had a number of PPSH, but believe it or not the layers of clothing we were wearing, at least in some cases, kept the bullet from doing anything more than leaving either a small non-penetrating wound, or a large painful bruise. I accompanied the Commandant of the Marine Corps, Gen. Wallace Greene, in May/June '65 when he made his first visit to MGen Walt's 1stMarDiv Marines in I Corps. During our meeting with General Ky in Saigon he was presented a PPSH 41 mounted in a very well done case. The latter got a place on CMC's wall in his office at HQMC. I was the only one at the presentation who could identify the weapon....So guess I did learn at least one factoid during my time on that God-forsaken peninsula.
                                Nothing except a battle lost can be half as melancholy as a battle won.
                                Duke of Wellington

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X