This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Listy View Post
    Lahti-Saloranta M/26, Finnish WWII LMG, apparently quite an apualing piece of work.
    Right on both counts. What was that WWI French LMG that got dumped on us and really sucked?
    "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

• Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
      Right on both counts. What was that WWI French LMG that got dumped on us and really sucked?
      chaluet (or something) LMG, it had a half circle magazine on the bottom the gun
      Winnie says
      ---------------------------------
      "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
      Herr Flick.

Comment

• It was the Chauchat LMG. It suffered from an open sided magazine that allowed dirt and crud into it causing malfunctions. It also had overheating problems.
        "Every man should be his own Guru; every woman her own Gurette" ...Ed Abbey

Comment

• Originally posted by Wustenfuchs View Post
          It was the Chauchat LMG. It suffered from an open sided magazine that allowed dirt and crud into it causing malfunctions. It also had overheating problems.
          Thanks. I knew the gun, I just couldn't for the life of me remember the name. How did I forget a name like Chauchat (phoeneticaly showshow).
          "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

• Ok friends, what is this soldier fooling about with?

Comment

• They look almost like hedgehogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wustenfuchs View Post
                Ok friends, what is this soldier fooling about with?
                looks like a German SD-2B Schmetterling (butterfly) mine

German "Butterfly" bomb. When dropped from an aircraft, the outer case would spring open as shown, and the bomb would spiral to the ground like a sycamore seed, but would not explode until picked up or moved. An indiscriminate booby-trap, many live examples kept as "souveniers" unexpectedly turned up in the 1970s when the British TV drama series Danger UXB included an episode about them.
                Attached Files
                Confucius he say, war not determine who's right. War determine who's left

Comment

• Correct Druid!

Comment

• Anybody got any more quesses for mine.
                    "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

• Originally posted by No_Nickname View Post
                      Anybody got any more quesses for mine.
                      oh Ok then Its a Red Beard

The weapon Red Beard had a single stage kiloton warhead which had been tested in the Buffalo series of trials at Maralinga in Australia, in 1956.

Although the design concept was similar to the Blue Danube warhead, an innovative means of implosion meant that the overall size could be greatly reduced; Red Beard had an all-up weight of about 2000 pounds.

It was in service with the Royal Navy and the Royal Air Force between 1961 and 1971.
                      http://www.awe.co.uk/main_site/about...960/index.html
                      Last edited by Druid_Ian; 30 Apr 07, 17:05.

Comment

• Correct
                        "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

Comment

• since you like big weapons No Nickname try this one should be easy for you
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Druid_Ian View Post
                            since you like big weapons No Nickname try this one should be easy for you
                            It looks like a AGM-28 Hound Dog.

Comment

• I believe No Nickname got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by No_Nickname View Post
                                It looks like a AGM-28 Hound Dog.
                                way to go you are right

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X