This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by the_redstar_swl View Post
    Nope, It does use 14.5mm KPV shells though.

Kind of gives it away to be a Soviet PTRD-41 Protywotankovoye Rushyo Degtyaryova

Comment

• Originally posted by Nightstalker160 View Post
      Kind of gives it away to be a Soviet PTRD-41 Protywotankovoye Rushyo Degtyaryova

Thats a PTRD-41. I'm guessing from the guy using it it's mid 50-60's, and he might not be Russian.

Interesting that the bloke has a Russian Tankers helmet on.
      Winnie says
      ---------------------------------
      "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
      Herr Flick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Listy View Post

Thats a PTRD-41. I'm guessing from the guy using it it's mid 50-60's, and he might not be Russian.

Thats why I thought he was Russian.
        I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Ouch yeah I should of said PTRS-41 anyways since the PTRD-41 is single shot. Though both are wrong. Nice hint on the Russian tanker helmet and I definitely fell for it when I said the PTRD-41. I think he could be Finnish. Its not a Lahti L/39 as most I've seen are shoulder fired not over the shoulder like the picture. So I'm going to say/guess its a British Boys Mark I AT rifle(Germans called it the Panzerabwehrbusche 782 I believe) that the Finns also used. Around 100-200 were shipped to Finland from Britain. Slim chance it could also be one of the 12 20 mm pst kiv/18-S sent to Finland as well as I'm not sure what the difference is in appearance between the 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nightstalker160 View Post
            Ouch yeah I should of said PTRS-41 anyways since the PTRD-41 is single shot. Though both are wrong. Nice hint on the Russian tanker helmet and I definitely fell for it when I said the PTRD-41. I think he could be Finnish. Its not a Lahti L/39 as most I've seen are shoulder fired not over the shoulder like the picture. So I'm going to say/guess its a British Boys Mark I AT rifle(Germans called it the Panzerabwehrbusche 782 I believe) that the Finns also used. Around 100-200 were shipped to Finland from Britain. Slim chance it could also be one of the 12 20 mm pst kiv/18-S sent to Finland as well as I'm not sure what the difference is in appearance between the 2.
            It's not either of those I'm afraid. As both are fired in the normal manner.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say it's not Russian but Czechoslovakian, post-war. As they used Warsaw pact Kit and had their own weapons industry.
            Winnie says
            "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
            Herr Flick.

Comment

and it blatantly isn't a 50mm Gun...
              How so? Why are you so sure that it is not a really huge guy wearing an oversized Russian helmet firing a canon?
              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• Originally posted by salinator View Post
                How so? Why are you so sure that it is not a really huge guy wearing an oversized Russian helmet firing a canon?
                Well the guy who posted the picy said it was a 14.5mm KPV round...
                Winnie says

It was an Accident."
                Herr Flick.

Comment

• Ok, what's this one:
                  Attached Files
                  "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

• Originally posted by No_Nickname View Post
                    Ok, what's this one:
                    H&K MP-7 PDW, with the barrel removed and no magazine. The stock is also collapsed.

(Ex brought me a BB one so I could shoot at some of her mates I didn't like)
                    Winnie says

It was an Accident."
                    Herr Flick.

Comment

H&K MP-7 PDW, with the barrel removed and no magazine. The stock is also collapsed.

i was gonna say that...and I didn't use the right clicky thingy!
                      I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Correct.
                        "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

• Okay, what the hell is this piece? And as always, Listy will get the correect answer within the hour

Comment

• Originally posted by comm. waffle View Post
                            Okay, what the hell is this piece? And as always, Listy will get the correect answer within the hour

Finnish Lahti L-35?
                            "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

• Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
                              Finnish Lahti L-35?
                              Yup.

Comment

• Was ist das?

Winnie says

It was an Accident."
                                Herr Flick.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X