• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wustenfuchs View Post

Anyone know this one?
    Model 1895 Colt machine gun "Potato Digger"
    Winnie says
    ---------------------------------
    "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
    Herr Flick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Listy View Post
      Model 1895 Colt machine gun "Potato Digger"
      You're good Listy! That one didn't even last a half hour.
      "Every man should be his own Guru; every woman her own Gurette" ...Ed Abbey

Comment

• Originally posted by Wustenfuchs View Post
        You're good Listy! That one didn't even last a half hour.
        Hey I'm sitting here at work bored...
        Winnie says
        "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
        Herr Flick.

Comment

• Name the weapons

"The secret of war lies in the communications" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• Originally posted by Pergite View Post
            Name the weapons

M-249's or the local version there of?
            Winnie says

It was an Accident."
            Herr Flick.

Comment

M-249's or the local version there of?
              Correct, M249 is however the american name, its originally called FN-Minimi.

Comment

Correct, M249 is however the american name, its originally called FN-Minimi.
                Glad to know.

Since the Americans were the ones that "sold" the license to the Belgiums back in 1974, the US has gladly bought MANY copies of the M240 (7.62 version) and the M249 (5.56 version).
                Kevin Kenneally
                Masters from a school of "hard knocks"
                Member of a Ph.D. Society (Post hole. Digger)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Kenneally View Post
                  Glad to know.

Since the Americans were the ones that "sold" the license to the Belgiums back in 1974, the US has gladly bought MANY copies of the M240 (7.62 version) and the M249 (5.56 version).
                  As I understand it, FN (Belgian Fabrique Nationale de Herstal) was awarded a contract from the US military for a squad automatic weapon. The M249 became the designation and it is manufactured by the American subsidiary to FN.

The M240 is however a completely different weapon. Its also made by FN but called the FN-MAG.

As for FN, doesnt they own both Browning and Winchester nowdays?

Comment

As I understand it, FN (Belgian Fabrique Nationale de Herstal) was awarded a contract from the US military for a squad automatic weapon. The M249 became the designation and it is manufactured by the American subsidiary to FN.

The M240 is however a completely different weapon. Its also made by FN but called the FN-MAG.

As for FN, doesnt they own both Browning and Winchester nowdays?
                    Nowadays is correct....

But in 1974, Browning sold the license to FN for the M240 design.... SO the US, being a very good Ally bought the M240 to replace a "hunk of junk" coax in the M79, also made by Browning... It was a NATO decision I was glad we bought. I caught an M79 in the chest (Aug 76) from a tank range. Broke my sternum and put me in the hospital for a few days.....
                    Kevin Kenneally
                    Masters from a school of "hard knocks"
                    Member of a Ph.D. Society (Post hole. Digger)

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by the_redstar_swl View Post
                        Russian 4cm rifle. Not completely sure of the name though...
                        I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

• Originally posted by comm. waffle View Post
                          Nope, It does use 14.5mm KPV shells though.

Comment

Bad com waffle, Right clicking and checking the source of the picy
                            Winnie says

It was an Accident."
                            Herr Flick.

Comment

Bad com waffle, Right clicking and checking the source of the picy
                              Are you serous?! I was guessing, my knowledge og rifles is limited to US made. Thats awesome that I got it somewhat right!!HAHAHAHA!!!
                              I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Are you serous?! I was guessing, my knowledge og rifles is limited to US made. Thats awesome that I got it somewhat right!!HAHAHAHA!!!
                                the picture is called:
                                heavyriflecm4.jpg

and it blatantly isn't a 50mm Gun...
                                Winnie says

It was an Accident."
                                Herr Flick.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X