Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo comes over blurred but the top looks like a Sharpes carbine. Can you post a clearer shot?
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkV View Post
      Photo comes over blurred but the top looks like a Sharpes carbine. Can you post a clearer shot?
      Sorry, but this is the best I can do.

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

• Does indeed look like a Sharps Carbine and the other might be a Sharps Military Rifle
        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
        Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkV View Post
          Does indeed look like a Sharps Carbine and the other might be a Sharps Military Rifle
          It's a Sharp's carbine (the ring on the stock is for the cavalry mount). What exact caliber and model it is would be difficult to determine although it is probably a 45/70 government.

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            It's a Sharp's carbine (the ring on the stock is for the cavalry mount). What exact caliber and model it is would be difficult to determine although it is probably a 45/70 government.
            The Sharps 1863 Carbine is in its original 52 caliber and (according to the serial number) was issued to the 1st Maryland Cavalry.
            The lower one is a Model 1842 Harpers Ferry Musket cal.69.

Comment

• Well, you can't tell the difference without looking at the breech block and the hammer arrangement closely.
              Yours would have the original musket cap nipple and use paper cartridges.

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                Well, you can't tell the difference without looking at the breech block and the hammer arrangement closely.
                Yours would have the original musket cap nipple and use paper cartridges.

Yep!
                This one was spared the conversion to 50 cal. and the metallic cartridge after the Civil War .
                Last edited by Trung Si; 06 Feb 16, 17:21.

Comment

• It's worth more as an original. The going price for one in good, working condition is around $3000.

Comment

• Can you name this old Pistol?

Comment

• Looks like one of the small caliber Resistance pistols... in .22 or.25.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• It's a J. P. Sauer & Sohn Model 1913 Pocket Pistol?
                        Skip

Comment

• Originally posted by skiplc View Post
                          It's a J. P. Sauer & Sohn Model 1913 Pocket Pistol?
                          Yes it is, cal.7.65 (.32).

Comment

• Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                            Yes it is, cal.7.65 (.32).
                            Cool, put up another old man...I defer to your great choices.
                            Skip

Comment

• Name this Revolver.

Comment

• Colt "Peacemaker"
                                My Articles, ALMOST LIVE, exclusive to The Armchair!

Soviet Submarines in WW2....The Mythology of Shiloh....(Edited) Both Sides of the Warsaw Ghetto
                                GULAG Glossary....Who Really Killed The Red Baron?....Pearl Harbor At 75
                                Lincoln-Douglas Debates

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X