X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That gave me an idea:
    Attached Files
    O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy. And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs, sloths, carp, anchovies, orangutans, breakfast cereals, fruit bats

Comment

• Originally posted by Blair Maynard View Post
      That gave me an idea:
      Ruger, looks like an LCP.
      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

• Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
        Ruger, looks like an LCP.
        Nope, here's a hint: It was sold in the U.S. but it is an import.
        O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy. And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs, sloths, carp, anchovies, orangutans, breakfast cereals, fruit bats

Comment

You are correct, CZ is Czechoslovakian while Zastava is Serbian (Yugoslavia) and they have been around for well over a hundred Years!
          BTW I also own a CZ Rifle!
          Well and the thing that confused me too is that the CZ999 is also called a "Scorpion" but I know that CZ (the Czech company) also has their classic Skorpion/Scorpion machine pistol! Actually I can't remember if it's Ceska Zbrojovka that made (they don't make them anymore IIRC) the Skorpions originally but I saw, when getting my rifle, that they had them online in their collection.

Which CZ rifle is yours? Mine's the 452 Scout. On the action it is stamped with something like "CZ 452 ZKM" and maybe some other designations. ZKM sounds cool lol. It's certainly a smaller gun but also lighter which can be nice when shooting on the range. I was looking for I think the 513 Basic - a full/fuller length .22 that seemed to have what I was looking for (iron sights with option for scope later, and such). The local gun shops didn't have any but one did have the 452 Scout so I figured I'd get it because it also had what I was looking for. I also wanted the 10 day waiting period to be up when I'd be available to shoot with my Dad and brother and another person so it was a bit of an impulse buy but considering I did do research and found that the Scout also met my demands, I'd say it wasn't a true impulse buy
          "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• Originally posted by Blair Maynard View Post
            Nope, here's a hint: It was sold in the U.S. but it is an import.
            Vektor Arms CP 1 9mm, South African, it took me a while, I had to look for it, I had not seen one before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post

Which CZ rifle is yours? Mine's the 452 Scout.
              Mine is an older Rifle, It's on a what looks to be a 1950s Mauser K98 Receiver, on the ation it says "Ceskovenska' Zbrojovka A.S.,BRNO."
              It's still in 8MM and I used for a hunting Rifle years ago.

Comment

Vektor Arms CP 1 9mm, South African, it took me a while, I had to look for it, I had not seen one before.
                Jackpot, glad it made you work a bit. And it is quite a distinctive pistol too.

EDIT: Actually, what led me to post that pistol while researching that Zastava posted by Super Six, I noticed that it was also produced under license by a South African manufacturer Tressitu as a TZ99, and when I looked up the Tressitu TZ99 the Vector CP-1 popped up and it certainly looked interesting.
                Last edited by Blair Maynard; 20 Feb 14, 16:48.

Comment

Well and the thing that confused me too is that the CZ999 is also called a "Scorpion" but I know that CZ (the Czech company) also has their classic Skorpion/Scorpion machine pistol! Actually I can't remember if it's Ceska Zbrojovka that made (they don't make them anymore IIRC) the Skorpions originally but I saw, when getting my rifle, that they had them online in their collection.
                  You are right, it´s Ceska Zbrojovka that makes Scorpion, both for army and hobby/ sport.

http://www.czub.cz/en/catalog/327-we...and-sport.aspx

Sincerely,
                  Jan
                  Frederick William III of Prussia - The Napoleonic Wars Campaign.

Comment

• Originally posted by von Aicha View Post
                    You are right, it´s Ceska Zbrojovka that makes Scorpion, both for army and hobby/ sport.

http://www.czub.cz/en/catalog/327-we...and-sport.aspx

Sincerely,
                    Jan
                    Okay yeah thanks. Yeah they have the old Skorpion pistol/machine pistol and then the Scorpion EVO. The Scorpion EVO looks pretty nice aesthetically. Not sure how it shoots.
                    "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Mine is an older Rifle, It's on a what looks to be a 1950s Mauser K98 Receiver, on the ation it says "Ceskovenska' Zbrojovka A.S.,BRNO."
                      It's still in 8MM and I used for a hunting Rifle years ago.

Ah it looks nice. I'll have to look on mine and see if it says something similar. I think in the meantime (at least sometime before getting mine/my researching their products) they probably just shortened it to Ceska. Also, I think the BRNO part is the same but I want to also say that they have something like "Uhersky Brod" or the like. A quick search on google says that Brno is a big city in the Czech Republic so I assume that's where they're based.

How does an 8 mm one like that feel compared to something like a Mosin Nagant which was a bit smaller caliber (if you have shot one like that)? Just curious because I have shot a Mosin Nagant and it was pretty awesome. e

--Hávamál

Comment

Ah it looks nice. I'll have to look on mine and see if it says something similar. I think in the meantime (at least sometime before getting mine/my researching their products) they probably just shortened it to Ceska. Also, I think the BRNO part is the same but I want to also say that they have something like "Uhersky Brod" or the like. A quick search on google says that Brno is a big city in the Czech Republic so I assume that's where they're based.

How does an 8 mm one like that feel compared to something like a Mosin Nagant which was a bit smaller caliber (if you have shot one like that)? Just curious because I have shot a Mosin Nagant and it was pretty awesome. e
                        BRNO was the big Arsenal the Germans took over in WWII and had them make the K98s, the Germans called them Bruno's (the Rifles), they were some of the finest Mauser's ever made and were sold all over the World, even after WWII, probably until the 1960s.
                        The 8mm to me feels like a .308, not as much kick as a 30-06 shot from a 03A3.
                        I have shot a 91/30 Nagant and its kick is not too much because of thsize of the Rifle, however I do not own one, but I do own a Chinese copy of the Russian M44, a Type 53 Carbine, it kicks like a Mule and throws a two foot flame, I hate that thing, it's far worse than shooting an Enfield #5 Jungle Carbine.

Comment

• Ah I didn't know that about BRNO. Haha that's funny about the carbine but kind of bad too. I think I like the looks of the full/fuller size better.

--Hávamál

Comment

• Name the Brand and Model of this 12 gauge Pump Shotgun.

Comment

• J C HIGGINS AND i DON'T KNOW THE MODEL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bdell View Post
                                J C HIGGINS AND i DON'T KNOW THE MODEL.
                                No, Hint a much more famous name.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X