This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
    I have no Idea how they shoot, I have never even seen one other than in a Museum or for sale like the one in the picture, they are bound to be rare, they only made about 1100 of them, they came in 10 and 20 gauge!
    Oh, I thought it was from your collection.
    O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy. And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs, sloths, carp, anchovies, orangutans, breakfast cereals, fruit bats

Comment

• The Model 1855 loads and fires like a ball and cap revolver. The main draw back was the chance it would fire all cylinders at once so the front of the cylinders were normally covered with grease once it was loaded. (It could still chain fire, however.) The next problem was the gap between cylinder and barrel which cause a considerable flash and would often burn the hand in front of the cylinder.
      --Tobias Gibson
      On the web at: Blindkat.hegewisch.net

Comment

• For an easy one

upload-2222.jpg

upload2827-a.jpg
        --Tobias Gibson

Comment

• Originally posted by Blair Maynard View Post
          Oh, I thought it was from your collection.
          I wish.
          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blindkat View Post
            For an easy one

[ATTACH]58102[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]58103[/ATTACH]
            Blair's Last Name Carbine #16?

Comment

• I did say an easy one!
              --Tobias Gibson

Comment

• Originally posted by Blindkat View Post
                I did say an easy one!
                That's the problem with my collection, too easy, I'll find one on the net!

Comment

• And a bonus question: When did the producing nation of this weapon adopt it in comparison to similar weapons being adopted by other nations?
                  Attached Files
                  O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy. And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs, sloths, carp, anchovies, orangutans, breakfast cereals, fruit bats

Comment

• Originally posted by Blair Maynard View Post

And a bonus question: When did the producing nation of this weapon adopt it in comparison to similar weapons being adopted by other nations?
                    I am not entirely sure what you are asking here, but here it goes, It was invented by Hiram Maxim in 1884, it was first adopted by the British in 1888 and officially by the British Army in 1912, I am not entirely sure when the Germans adopted it, but I guess it was around 1908 since they named it Model 08, I think that it was adopted in the US in 1904 and made by Colt.

Comment

I am not entirely sure what you are asking here, but here it goes, It was invented by Hiram Maxim in 1884, it was first adopted by the British in 1888 and officially by the British Army in 1912, I am not entirely sure when the Germans adopted it, but I guess it was around 1908 since they named it Model 08, I think that it was adopted in the US in 1904 and made by Colt.
                      It is a version of the Maxim, but who made this version? And in comparison to other countries adopting their versions of the Maxim machine gun, when was this version of the Maxim officially adopted? I can't be more specific because it would give it away.

Comment

• WAG! Vickers MkI, adopted in 1912?

Comment

WAG! Vickers MkI, adopted in 1912?
                          Nope. Edit: Hint: The Maxim may have been first used by the Brits, but it wasnt officially adopted by them first.

Comment

• I suspect it is one of the Skoda variants but which one?

Comment

• I know that the first Unit to receive them was the Singapore Volunteer Corps in 1889 and that the Russians had them in the Russo- Japanese War in 1904, but I have no Idea who made your Example.

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                                I suspect it is one of the Skoda variants but which one?
                                Go South young man.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X