This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
    How about this one, I didn't make that mistake again Blair.

FN Model 1949, nice.
    O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy. And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs, sloths, carp, anchovies, orangutans, breakfast cereals, fruit bats

Comment

• Originally posted by Blair Maynard View Post
      FN Model 1949, nice.
      A Cigar for the Man!
      This one is in 30-06.
      I have quiet a few Rifles that I could post, but they would all be too easy to identify for an American or a Brit.
      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

• Originally posted by skiplc View Post
        That's an Andrews. Andrews Machine Carbine I believe it's called.

Is there a surviving example of this thing?
        Originally posted by Blindkat View Post
        Andrews Machine Carbine
        Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
        That would be my question also, no one seems to know anything about it.
        Of course I know everything about it--I'm its namesake of course.
        "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

A Cigar for the Man!
          This one is in 30-06.
          I have quiet a few Rifles that I could post, but they would all be too easy to identify for an American or a Brit.
          That was a good one, but posting your own collection on this kind of thread wont last long unless you have your own museum. Nothing to be ashamed of. Too bad FN came out with that gun about ten years too late. Nothing against the Enfield, but I am sure the Brits could have used it in WW2, and they certainly have an affinity for FN.
          O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy. And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs, sloths, carp, anchovies, orangutans, breakfast cereals, fruit bats

Comment

• another lame attempt

Another lame attempt at stumping the experts.

IMG_2821-a.jpg

IMG_2822-a.jpg

IMG_2825-a.jpg
            --Tobias Gibson
            On the web at: Blindkat.hegewisch.net

Comment

• Model 1819 Hall's?

Comment

• Yep. A M1819 Hall Breach Loading Rifle designed by John H. Hall. This particular model was converted from flintlock to percussion cap. The main years of production were 1820-1830 at the Harpers Ferry Arsenal. It was the first breach loading rifle of any army to be adopted in large numbers but not the first one to be used by military units. While it was faster to load, and slightly more accurate than the current musket in use it was costly to make and the breach design caused a significant loss in power at longer ranges due to escaping gasses. Thus its was considered a wash and the cost of production made it unrealistic to arm a much larger standing army in the Civil War so most soldier were issued Muskets. The fact that most of the Hall Rifles were 30 years old and worn out also doomed them from more use during the Civil War. That said, The Hall Rifle proved itself in many smaller engagements between 1830 and 1860 in some of the early "Indian Campaigns"
                --Tobias Gibson

Comment

• Name tis Weapon!

Comment

• A Colt Root revolver rifle, probably .42 cal.

with a ramrod... ?
                    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                      A Colt Root revolver rifle, probably .42 cal.

with a ramrod... ?
                      Close but no Cigar.
                      Hint, Its a Colt!

Comment

Close but no Cigar.
                        Hint, Its a Colt!
                        It's a scatter gun.

Comment

• Colt Model 1855 Revolving Rifle, the artillery (long barreled) variant?
                          --Tobias Gibson

Comment

It's a scatter gun.
                            Yes Ding, Ding, Ding! Its a Model 1855 Colt Revolving Shotgun.

Comment

Yes Ding, Ding, Ding! Its a Model 1855 Colt Revolving Shotgun.
                              How does it shoot? Can it punch anything other than paper at a 100 yards? Must be quite rare.

Comment

How does it shoot? Can it punch anything other than paper at a 100 yards? Must be quite rare.
                                I have no Idea how they shoot, I have never even seen one other than in a Museum or for sale like the one in the picture, they are bound to be rare, they only made about 1100 of them, they came in 10 and 20 gauge!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X