X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of you guys put another up.
    Skip

Comment

• The andrew's carbine was described in one of Ian Hogg's books according to the post i found online
      Last edited by Blindkat; 30 Jan 14, 20:20.
      --Tobias Gibson
      On the web at: Blindkat.hegewisch.net

Comment

• Originally posted by skiplc View Post
        One of you guys put another up.
        The ones I have been putting up are my own, I have a lot of them but just about all of them would be too easy to identify!
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

• Well, we may be in trouble here as I have the imagination of a Democrat.
          Skip

Comment

Well, we may be in trouble here as I have the imagination of a Democrat.
            Okee Dokee, here we go!

Comment

• Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
              Okee Dokee, here we go!

I am supposed to guess when photo bucket says it is a model 1860?

Anyway, find this one, it took me a few minutes (it is a snapshot from 57:53
              :
              Attached Files
              O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy. And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs, sloths, carp, anchovies, orangutans, breakfast cereals, fruit bats

Comment

• Originally posted by Blair Maynard View Post

Anyway, find this one, it took me a few minutes (it is a snapshot from 57:53
                :

Looks like Czechoslovakian ZB-26 light machine gun or some modification, ZB-30 maybe.

Sincerely,
                Jan
                Frederick William III of Prussia - The Napoleonic Wars Campaign.

Comment

• Originally posted by von Aicha View Post
                  Looks like Czechoslovakian ZB-26 light machine gun or some modification, ZB-30 maybe.

Sincerely,
                  Jan
                  Yep, I was quite surprised to see this. Maybe there was a shortage of MG-34s early in the war.
                  O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy. And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs, sloths, carp, anchovies, orangutans, breakfast cereals, fruit bats

Comment

• [QUOTE=Blair Maynard;2738133]I am supposed to guess when photo bucket says it is a model 1860?

Sorry, I was unaware of that!

Comment

That's an Andrews. Andrews Machine Carbine I believe it's called.

Is there a surviving example of this thing?
                      Correct!

Here is the site.

Scroll down a bit and you will find the whole article.

http://www.forgottenweapons.com/

Paul
                      ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                      All human ills he can subdue,
                      Or with a bauble or medal
                      Can win mans heart for you;
                      And many a blessing know to stew
                      To make a megloamaniac bright;
                      Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                      The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

• But was it a Colt Navy or a Colt Army Model 1860?
                        --Tobias Gibson
                        On the web at: Blindkat.hegewisch.net

Comment

• Originally posted by Blair Maynard View Post
                          Yep, I was quite surprised to see this. Maybe there was a shortage of MG-34s early in the war.
                          Maybe. Germans used a lot of czechoslovakian weapons, for example PzKpfw 38 (t) light tank - the "t" means "Tschechisch", Czech. This light machine gun, Maschinengewehr 26 (t), was a really good piece of weaponry and it was also a predecessor of BREN machine gun.

Sincerely,
                          Jan
                          Frederick William III of Prussia - The Napoleonic Wars Campaign.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blindkat View Post
                            But was it a Colt Navy or a Colt Army Model 1860?
                            Army Model 1860, this one is a Reproduction.

Comment

• How about this one, I didn't make that mistake again Blair.

Comment

• Originally posted by von Aicha View Post
                                Maybe. Germans used a lot of czechoslovakian weapons, for example PzKpfw 38 (t) light tank - the "t" means "Tschechisch", Czech. This light machine gun, Maschinengewehr 26 (t), was a really good piece of weaponry and it was also a predecessor of BREN machine gun.
                                Sincerely,
                                Jan
                                Makes perfect sense. When I first saw it that machine gun I thought it was a captured Bren gun, but the gas system under the barrel didnt match up.

I was aware of the Czech tanks that were used but that makes perfect sense because, lets face it, the German early war tanks were not that advanced. The German machine guns, however, were superior to most opposing MGs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X