This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jefffar View Post
    Would that be a Zumlac SPAAG from South Africa?
    correct
    you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• Excellent, though I believe we skipped a turn. Illkinak was up - but as he hasn't posted since December 11th we might be okay to proceed.

Any objections from the crowd before I post?

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewza View Post

Name the system.
        They could have mounted it on a Toyota pickup and saved a ton of money....

Comment

• ZU-23-2? for training.
          Skip

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            They could have mounted it on a Toyota pickup and saved a ton of money....
            and how much ammo will go with it and this beast has better cross country mobility than a toyota.
            you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• Originally posted by skiplc View Post
              ZU-23-2? for training.
              nope was SADF Mobil AA during the border war, kind of still in use with the SANDF but now only by SF has a kind of technical. Not with air defense artillery.

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

• My understanding is that the South Africans captured so many ZU-23-2s that they decided to make use of them for their own purposes. Arms embargo probably helped with that decision.

Anyway, my candidate, keeping with the theme:

Attached Files

Comment

• Well I've ruled out ZPU-1 and Bofors 40 mm...but this one's harder than I thought. Are those two SAM launchers on top of it?
                  "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• Yes they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                      nope was SADF Mobil AA during the border war, kind of still in use with the SANDF but now only by SF has a kind of technical. Not with air defense artillery.
                      you're telling me that is not a ZU-23?
                      Skip

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefffar View Post
                        My understanding is that the South Africans captured so many ZU-23-2s that they decided to make use of them for their own purposes. Arms embargo probably helped with that decision.

Anyway, my candidate, keeping with the theme:

ZU-23-2S "JOD" from Poland.
                        Skip

Comment

• skiplc is correct.

There is also a very similar ZU-23M from Russia.

Comment

• I understand that, in addition to the Strela, several other shoulder fired missiles can be mounted on those things.
                            Skip

Comment

• Well the Russian one was designed for Igla. The poles were at one point workig on the GROM as a replacement for Igla and Strela, not sure its status.

Comment

• Originally posted by skiplc View Post
                                you're telling me that is not a ZU-23?
                                the gun is but not the system was called the the Zumlac

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X