This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Johnny_Reb View Post
    The reason why I chose the KLR was it was very accurate and it was first made in Pennsylvania then was used by hunters in Kentucky. So the name didn't mean that it had to be from Kentucky. I have one other reason as well, those are the only two rifles that I actually know in the Revolutionary War.
    I see...
    "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• I haven't had the chance to go through the entire thread but here is a photo I took yesterday of a very rare firearm from a friend of mine that collects rare military items.

This one fires 7mm rifle cartridges that are stacked in the two piece brass open magazine. The upper piece detaches to allow dropping in another with more ammo that then drops down the slot to allow continuous firing without stopping to reload. The mounting, except for the riveted steel base, is solid cast brass. The magazine is machined cast brass.

It fires and reloads using a manually operated lever visible on the left.

Last edited by SRV Ron; 13 Jul 17, 05:51.
      “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

• I wish I could get more specific than a 7mm Meroka, but I can't

Comment

• Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
          I haven't had the chance to go through the entire thread but here is a photo I took yesterday of a very rare firearm from a friend of mine that collects rare military items.

This one fires 7mm rifle cartridges that are stacked in the two piece brass open magazine. The upper piece detaches to allow dropping in another with more ammo that then drops down the slot to allow continuous firing without stopping to reload. The mounting, except for the riveted steel base, is solid cast brass. The magazine is machined cast brass.

It fires and reloads using a manually operated lever visible on the left.

Looks like a Gardner Gun.

Comment

• Nice gun pic there.

Ok you guys still have to guess this one:

here's the clues from last page:

1.Uses the first two letters from the beginning of the name of a very popular rifle for its own first two letters
            2.The company that makes it has much bigger guns
            3.Assault rifle

There is another clue about its nationality but I think that'll give it away right quick.
            "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• Famas?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefffar View Post
                Famas?
                There aren't any guns with the start of its name being "FA-", are there? Unless you count my FA-67 rifle I made in a gun designing app online...

--Hávamál

Comment

• Originally posted by llkinak View Post
                  Looks like a Gardner Gun.
                  Close, but no Cigar. Hint, It does comes from that time period.

Various models came in 2, 4, and 10 barrel with variations on the magazines. I know they are very rare. This one is in very good shape considering its age.

“Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

• In that case I'll guess it's a Nordenfelt?

Comment

In that case I'll guess it's a Nordenfelt?
                      Darn, I gave you too much of a hint. It is a Nordenfelt #3 Volley Rifle.

Next time I am over there, I'll get photos of the manufacturer's side plate and the back plate.

Given all of the brass being used in the mounting and various parts, it is easy to understand why so few of these guns survived.

To fire one, you have to keep reloading it by moving the firing handle much like you would operate a repeating rifle.

“Breaking News,”

Comment

• Here's one from the same general era:

Comment

• This link shows one in action in this movie clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDkcG5whNQo&NR=1

The sound is off sync since it fires once the handle is fully forward to lock the breech, not back in the reload position. The volley fire is correct in that all five barrels don't fire at once but in a sequence of 3,2,4,1,5.
                          “Breaking News,”

Comment

Here's one from the same general era:

Marlin 93 - nice touch with the Winchester .30-30 ammo box as a way to draw thoughts in the Winchester direction.
                            45B10 1986-91

Comment

• Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
                              There aren't any guns with the start of its name being "FA-", are there? Unless you count my FA-67 rifle I made in a gun designing app online...
                              I was thinking relation to the FAL actually

While FN does go bigger with the M2, the FAMAS is made by GIAT who make 155mm artillery.

Comment

• Originally posted by popuptarget View Post
                                Marlin 93 - nice touch with the Winchester .30-30 ammo box as a way to draw thoughts in the Winchester direction.
                                Yep!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X