X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Erkki View Post
    It isn´t as simple as M-14?
    I dunno, is it?
    "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• I am pretty sure it is...
      “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

• Right now I play the part of the Indiana Jones Knight in the temple...you choose...wisely, or unwisely...
        "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• I say yes it is! Now what is going to happen? Am I going to be dragged to hell..? Again?
          “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

• You chose...

Unwisely.

Well in the sense that it's actually a Springfield Armory M14...slightly tricky...but I win still

--Hávamál

Comment

• Well in the sense that it's actually a Springfield Armory M14...slightly tricky...but I win still
              So you're saying a Springfield Armory M14 is not a M14? Does that mean a M1 carbine made by GM is really a Chevy or one made by Smith-Corona is really a typewriter? What do we call a Jeep made by FoMoCo?
              Skip

Comment

• Ok ok ok it's just that here we generally name the manufacturer as well...I'll give you some slack-you were right.

But then I was also right on Jeffar's when I said it was a gauntlet. (half half serious)

--Hávamál

Comment

• Damn im too noobie to post any pics yet, will have to get my post count up before I can play

Comment

• Originally posted by BloodBomb View Post
                    Damn im too noobie to post any pics yet, will have to get my post count up before I can play
                    Hey, what about making it like 20 questions gun style? Instead of "Mineral, plant, [forgot other thing]" it can be "Assault Weapon, Rifle, Sidearm" and then we guess.

That might be fun for all of us too!

Here-guess what gun I'm thinking of.

--Hávamál

Comment

• singer manfacturing

the m14 1a made by the singer sewing machine co.
                      "Damn the torpedoes; where are my condoms!?!"
                      "The price of freedom, is always blood

leo 1a2 can. rental 1977
                      m1a1 1/64 2003 [thunder run]
                      leo2a6m 'the stan'
                      leo1a3-c2 leopard germ.
                      leo2a6m barricuda camo afgan.
                      leo2a4 can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post

Here-guess what gun I'm thinking of.

--Hávamál

Comment

• My eye caught this one. Let's start
                          'hand gonne' at a strech could be German it actually is Flemish and it does mean hand gun. Problem with medieval language is that it can throw you Haak-bueche or Hake-bueche or Haak-bus Hake-bus) are variants of the same thing. The Haak
                          or Hake is a hook not for close combat but orginally to hook the bueche (gun) over a wall branch or similar to reduce the whack of the recoil. The same was also know as
                          Wallbueche or Walbus depending on
                          which area one was. Arquebus is a French corrupion of the word Hakebus. Of note should be that as with many things the original description got lost and arquebus became genus to all guns of that era.
                          The repetition of affirmations leads to belief. Once that belief becomes a deep conviction, you better wake up and look at the facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by dutched View Post
                            My eye caught this one. Let's start
                            'hand gonne' at a strech could be German it actually is Flemish and it does mean hand gun. Problem with medieval language is that it can throw you Haak-bueche or Hake-bueche or Haak-bus Hake-bus) are variants of the same thing. The Haak
                            or Hake is a hook not for close combat but orginally to hook the bueche (gun) over a wall branch or similar to reduce the whack of the recoil. The same was also know as
                            Wallbueche or Walbus depending on
                            which area one was. Arquebus is a French corrupion of the word Hakebus. Of note should be that as with many things the original description got lost and arquebus became genus to all guns of that era.
                            I'm sorry I didn't understand what you were saying here...

Are we supposed to guess what it is or something?

--Hávamál

Comment

• Can anyone identify the weapon in this pic? It's an Iranian infantryman from the Qajar period (turn of the 20th century).

Comment

• Looks like some sort of Martini-Henry, pitchfork combo.

Comment

Working...
                                X