An armored ISIS car bomb captured by Iraqi forces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An armored ISIS car bomb captured by Iraqi forces

A vehicle like that is probably even less likely to reach its destination than a standard car because 1) homemade armor kills the engine and performance 2) it stands out from regular passenger traffic immediately

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
      A vehicle like that is probably even less likely to reach its destination than a standard car because 1) homemade armor kills the engine and performance 2) it stands out from regular passenger traffic immediately
      they like to start of there attacks with a bomb. The kurds and I assume others shoot all cars heading for them. This way the car stands a chance to reach there target. Unless a TOW missile hits the car
      you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Javelin missile fired by American Special forces. Alternate vid shows the Kurds back slapping one of their RPG men whilst in the background the Americans are shown with their launcher.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4e8_1456077112

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
          they like to start of there attacks with a bomb. The kurds and I assume others shoot all cars heading for them. This way the car stands a chance to reach there target. Unless a TOW missile hits the car
          A .50 cal or a DShK will shred that car and an RPG will destroy it as well. I imagine it wouldn't get far with a few flat tires either. Its chances of hitting its target are probably no better than an ordinary car that blends in with all the others around it before detonating.
          "Amateurs study tactics; professionals study logistics"
          -Omar Bradley
          "Not everyone who studies logistics is a professional logistician, and there is no way to understand when you don't know what you don't know."
          -Anonymous US Army logistician

Comment

Originally posted by Javaman View Post
            A .50 cal or a DShK will shred that car and an RPG will destroy it as well. I imagine it wouldn't get far with a few flat tires either. Its chances of hitting its target are probably no better than an ordinary car that blends in with all the others around it before detonating.
            I read of a account in the SA bordr war of a home made AFV that kept driving after being ripen in with MG fire. Turned out every one was dead the home made AFV just carried on driving. I could see something simmlare with a armoured car bomb where it just keeps going. It does not need to go far just reach the line to go boom. Sure they not going to reach the target every time but armour would increase the chance.

RPGs are inaccurate at range and the bombs are big. really big so say you hit it 200m out it still close enough to do the job. hell it just being does the job. It is there to cause panic soe confusion not to win the battle.

There are no other cars around. Watch the videos on you tube filmed by the kurds. One lone suicide car races the line behind it the attack. There is nothing to blend in with.
            you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Comment

Published on Jun 5, 2016

Battle of Fallujah: A failed ISIS car bomb attack on Iraqi forces. The armored vehicle is not able to reach the positions of the Iraqi Popular Mobilization forces (Kata'ib Sayyed al Shuhada unit) because of the blocked road.

Comment

Originally posted by Javaman View Post
                  Used in Libya and whatever you imagine they do appear to work. It is not beyond the wit of man to produce runflat tyres. There usually are no other cars to blend in with. They are an assault weapon not an undercover bomb. There was a report recently of one being taken out by a British special forces unit "advising" Libyan anti ISIS forces. An anti tank missile was used from a hill top well clear of the road.
                  Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                  Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Somthing like the NTW20 antimatrial rifle, 20mm mg151 auto cannon or the 20mm PAW could be usefull. All are light weight 20mm weapons that could blow a engien block to pieces.

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X