X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very interesting advance

http://www.wsj.com/articles/a-first-...gun-1464359194
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

And 'scientists' and technocrats of the 3rd Reich anxious to preserve their funding were probably making the same pitch to Hitler and Speer in 1944. The issue is not the design at the pointed end but how much energy you need to generate at the back end. I don't see anything that answers that question in that material.
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
      And 'scientists' and technocrats of the 3rd Reich anxious to preserve their funding were probably making the same pitch to Hitler and Speer in 1944. The issue is not the design at the pointed end but how much energy you need to generate at the back end. I don't see anything that answers that question in that material.
      Wires splay out the back of the railgun, which requires a power plant that generates 25 megawatts—enough electricity to power 18,750 homes.
      Get it down to a pack of AAA batteries then we really got something.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Yes guys, I wonder if the real power at the moment of such a 'weapon', is the uncertainty it throws up in potential foes, and the soothing hope it may give to the 'civilians' and 'armchair generals' back home?

Scratch one up for it's propaganda value spin-offs.

Comment

Originally posted by Wooden Wonder View Post
          Yes guys, I wonder if the real power at the moment of such a 'weapon', is the uncertainty it throws up in potential foes, and the soothing hope it may give to the 'civilians' and 'armchair generals' back home?

Scratch one up for it's propaganda value spin-offs.
          Yes Regan really spoofed the Soviets with the same idea, however I have this nagging feeling that he wasn't being super subtle and cunning - he really believed it and they were equally dumb. However I fear that Vlad the Invader has slightly more smarts.
          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
          Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X