X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please can we have our missile back?

Not on the scale of the last Cuban missile crisis but embarrassing
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35259429
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Just how much tech is in a training missile
    you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
      In this case the same as in the non training missile, it appears to have been a missile with its explosive removed used for training.
      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)

Comment

Everything except the actual warhead.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

So this bad then since the Commie bastards will probably start selling knock of hellfires now. Who is loosing there heads over this
          you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Why in the hell was a mostly active Hellfire being shipped on an Air France flight? Has the military been gutted so badly that we don't have any of our own shipping capability?!
            "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
              Why in the hell was a mostly active Hellfire being shipped on an Air France flight? Has the military been gutted so badly that we don't have any of our own shipping capability?!
              Possibly because modern day Proxmires might have complained about unnecessary government expenditure and inefficiency otherwise

Comment

Seems to me buying a spot on an Air France flight along with arranging the security for it and dealing with the issues related to it being lost are more costly than waiting for a C-17 to show up. It can't be the ONLY military cargo that has to leave that area.
                "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

So this bad then since the Commie bastards will probably start selling knock of hellfires now. Who is loosing there heads over this
                  I doubt they can build them.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Seems to me buying a spot on an Air France flight along with arranging the security for it and dealing with the issues related to it being lost are more costly than waiting for a C-17 to show up. It can't be the ONLY military cargo that has to leave that area.
                    There is no security. The US military ships weapons through the mail.

Literally. It has for decades.

They mail it, certified, insured, special handling, etc, but every day assault rifles, machineguns, and the like move through the USPS and international mail. Which is moved overseas on various airlines.
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                      There is no security. The US military ships weapons through the mail.

Literally. It has for decades.

They mail it, certified, insured, special handling, etc, but every day assault rifles, machineguns, and the like move through the USPS and international mail. Which is moved overseas on various airlines.
                      That's amazing. I'll have to ask S4 about that sometime since it's not something I've ever dealt with. With how insanely paranoid the military is about sensitive items I almost can't believe it. I'd hate to be the poor bastard that signed for that Hellfire.

Comment

That's amazing. I'll have to ask S4 about that sometime since it's not something I've ever dealt with. With how insanely paranoid the military is about sensitive items I almost can't believe it. I'd hate to be the poor bastard that signed for that Hellfire.
                        Its usually only depot to depot level.

When I was CID in the Guard we worked the system a lot, testing procedures. One time an agent and I went to the Post Office, showed our badges and a stack of request forms we borrowed from our supply room. They let us in the secure room. There was a crate with 15 or so brand new rifles coming from Rock Island to Fort Hood, a Corps depot unit.

We opened the crate, took one rifle, noted 'one removed', the date, and a set of initials on the invoice, sealed the box back up, and left.

We stashed the weapon in our arms room, and waited.

And waited.

Finally the next drill weekend we drove down to Fort Hood and went to the unit. Showed our creds. Asked about the rifles. Nobody was concerned. "Hey, we signed for 14, we have 14. Life is good."

Comment

You just couldn't make this sh*t up !
                          Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

If anyone remembers Spike Milligans black comedy The Bed Sitting Room there is a scene in post nuclear exchange Britain where the surviving postman trudges through the ash bearing Britain's Nuclear deterrent which has been returned by Moscow because not enough stamps had been put on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                              I doubt they can build them.
                              I did say knock off.

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X