Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makarov Pistol

Good quality or Soviet garbage?

As far as I know, this is a Walther PPK ripoff.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

The 9x18 Makarov is quite a bit more potent than the 380ACP. Recoil is quite snappy. It's a decent gun but there are lighter, smaller pistols available in 9mm, a much better cartridge.

Comment

I've shot both and neither were comfortable for me. I think they are both equally garbage.
      Кто там?
      Это я - Почтальон Печкин!
      Tunis is a Carthigenian city!

Comment

There are a number of tales about the PM in the ex-soviet states. One of them states that one should only run in a straight line away from the shooter if shot at with a PM, as otherwise you could end up in front of a bullet or two. The other one describes the PM as an excellent throwing weapon after the 8 rounds fired (inevitably) miss. There are talks how heavy coats have stopped PM rounds. And there are several others around the same lines.

Comment

Originally posted by String View Post
          There are a number of tales about the PM in the ex-soviet states. One of them states that one should only run in a straight line away from the shooter if shot at with a PM, as otherwise you could end up in front of a bullet or two. The other one describes the PM as an excellent throwing weapon after the 8 rounds fired (inevitably) miss. There are talks how heavy coats have stopped PM rounds. And there are several others around the same lines.
          Strange, if those tales are true then the Makarov was inferior to the TT-33 which it was supposed to replace. The TT-33 is supposed to be a very good pistol.

Comment

I agree with John. Very nice reliable pistol quite adequate for its purpose and will hold its own against most pistols of similar vintage and size but I much rather prefer the 9mm luger. I have shot it just once and I was pleasantly surprised.
            Last edited by Slim; 16 Dec 12, 17:36.

Comment

Nice weapon, shoots nice and feels balanced in the hand. Mine was the 'officer model'.
              "A common thug can kill someone, but it takes the talents of an intelligence service to make a murder appear to be a suicide or accident death." -- James Angleton, CIA, Chief of Counterintelligence.

Comment

Mark,

Get a CZ 75!

Pruitt
                Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                  Mark,

Get a CZ 75!

Pruitt
                  EXCELLENT pistol!!!

Comment

Mark,

Get a CZ 75!

Pruitt
                    I already have a Walther PPK in .380 so I'm not getting another gun in the same class and size.

I was just wondering about the Makarov, not looking for buying advice.

Anyway, here's what Hickock45 has to say about the Makarov. Hickock45 is like the ultimate firearms grandpa figure to young people on YouTube.

Comment

I see the CZ as a larger pistol that shoots 9mm Luger rounds. I think the Czechs make better firearms, at an affordable price. If you are curious about the Makarov, please continue on.

Pruitt
                      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

so I'm not getting another gun in the same class and size.
                        Do you already have a machinegun ?
                        There are no Nazis in Ukraine. Idiots

Comment

I see the CZ as a larger pistol that shoots 9mm Luger rounds. I think the Czechs make better firearms, at an affordable price. If you are curious about the Makarov, please continue on.

Pruitt

While I do not have any experience with CZ pistols I can vouch for their rifles and shotguns. Truly great products for a fair price. From their fit and finish to accuracy they are just awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
                            I already have a Walther PPK in .380 so I'm not getting another gun in the same class and size.

I was just wondering about the Makarov, not looking for buying advice.

Anyway, here's what Hickock45 has to say about the Makarov. Hickock45 is like the ultimate firearms grandpa figure to young people on YouTube.

yes he is..
                            my 19 year old son is always watching that guy and trying to get me to watch too.
                            Human beings are the only creatures who are able to behave irrationally in the name of reason.

Comment

this caliber, 9mm Makarov, was developed by russians from german pre war 9X18 Ultra. they developed it for pure blowback pistols like PPK, PP, that can't handle 9mm parabellum. it's just a bit more punch than .380 ACP. they call .380 ACP, 9mm Makarov, summer ammo, that can't punch thru winter clothing, but i'm sure i wouldn't stay in front of it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X