Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STG 44 Fans

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • STG 44 Fans

    For those of you who would like to own a STG 44 but cannot afford the almost $20,000.00 price tag a shooting .22LR version has recently been introduced and are available in the U.S for just atad under $600.00. A friend who recently got one invited me and we had a fun filled shooting session. Unfortunately they were all sold out when I went in to buy one for me. Here is a review http://gunblast.com/GSG-StG44.htm

    I think this is a very nice way to be able to own and shoot historical firearms which are either too expensive or rare to own and shoot. I hope this trend catches on and reputed firearms manufacturers introduce more replicas of other historical guns.
    Last edited by Slim; 30 Aug 12, 06:52.

  • #2
    We've sold a few. Unlike the GSG knockoff of the MP5, which looks plasticy and cheap, this one looks like the real thing.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes they have a very solid wood and metal construction, a very robust feel. Some of the internals were plastic though. Although I have never fired the original I have handled a few at gun shows and have been salivating after them ever since.

      Comment


      • #4
        For some reason I'd rather buy it as a Class 3.
        My worst jump story:
        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
        No lie.

        ~
        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

        Comment


        • #5
          I'd buy one if it was not a $600 .22 - or if it was in 7.62x39

          maybe I'll just wait till the initial rush passes and see if the price does not come down to a more reasonable level.
          45B10 1986-91

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
            For some reason I'd rather buy it as a Class 3.
            Yeah, who needs a house anyhow?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by popuptarget View Post
              I'd buy one if it was not a $600 .22 - or if it was in 7.62x39

              maybe I'll just wait till the initial rush passes and see if the price does not come down to a more reasonable level.


              While I respect your tastes and preferences I felt that the the craftmanship metal and woodwork quality justified the pricetag. The wooden box also lent some degree of originality to it. All in all I felt it was a nice effort. Off course it would have not been a bad idea to have it in some other caliber like the 7.62 Russian but the longer length of the 7.62 cartridge would have changed the dimensions of the magazine( The 7.62 Russian is longer than the 8mm Kurz) thereby altering the looks from the original STG 44. The STG 44 magazines are much narrower than the 7.62 mags.

              I guess the intent was to create a historical replica that was affordable rather than a tool that served a usefull purpose- having said that the accuracy and functionality were quite good.
              Last edited by Slim; 31 Aug 12, 08:11.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by llkinak View Post
                Yeah, who needs a house anyhow?
                Where can you buy a house for 20K?
                My worst jump story:
                My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                No lie.

                ~
                "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                  Where can you buy a house for 20K?
                  My point was that it would be expensive. Of course it's not as much as most houses, but it is a lot of $.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by llkinak View Post
                    My point was that it would be expensive. Of course it's not as much as most houses, but it is a lot of $.
                    A lot of collectables are expensive, it's an investment that will yield more then most 20K houses. Probably on the international arms market it has no more value then a $200 weapon.
                    My worst jump story:
                    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                    No lie.

                    ~
                    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                      A lot of collectables are expensive, it's an investment that will yield more then most 20K houses. Probably on the international arms market it has no more value then a $200 weapon.
                      Well, I don't know. $20 large seems a bit steep for one at the moment. Strictly from an investment standpoint I think you could get more out of a very cheap house than a slightly over priced STG44. Anyhow, I do understand that these are purchased by some as collectables or investments. But, you could even get into some Holland and Holland doubles for the price of a junky old STG44. Of course beauty is in the eye of the beer holder, but for my money the STG44s are overpriced.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by llkinak View Post
                        Well, I don't know. $20 large seems a bit steep for one at the moment. Strictly from an investment standpoint I think you could get more out of a very cheap house than a slightly over priced STG44. Anyhow, I do understand that these are purchased by some as collectables or investments. But, you could even get into some Holland and Holland doubles for the price of a junky old STG44. Of course beauty is in the eye of the beer holder, but for my money the STG44s are overpriced.
                        Of course it is over priced.... so are a lot of things. But not around the rest of the world.

                        My worst jump story:
                        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                        No lie.

                        ~
                        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                          Of course it is over priced.... so are a lot of things. But not around the rest of the world.
                          Especially as the Free Syrian Army "found" 5000 of them recently

                          As in this video... They look like Yugoslav copies but still...
                          Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we may become.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Greasel_burger View Post
                            Especially as the Free Syrian Army "found" 5000 of them recently

                            As in this video... They look like Yugoslav copies but still...
                            So the Syrian Rebels are going to put on coal scuttle helmets and fieldgrau and go out there like light infantry......quaint. But from the way that the Syrian Regulars are acting, it might be working for them at least a bit. I'll bet if the next shipping container had been filled with a couple of Tiger tanks it would have made things interesting...
                            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              There seems to be a lot of StGs out there.



                              Attached Files
                              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

                              BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

                              BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X