Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know. Please only send real issues not things like I hate the colors of the site or the site looks cheap now. I am trying to get as many issues fixed for you as i can and If i have to read through stuff like that it's going to take me longer to get stuff fixed.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

"Lightening Body Armor"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are correct Golani.....all US military body armor has, and has had for several years, MOLLE attachments. The newest iterations have it all over, the older variants only limited sets of attachment points.
    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
      You are correct Golani.....all US military body armor has, and has had for several years, MOLLE attachments. The newest iterations have it all over, the older variants only limited sets of attachment points.
      So it roughly the same concept, instead of sliding the plates into the vest like we do, you turn the armor into a vest.

The only thing I heard that's meant to be superior was a fully agronomic armor, that even "adjusts" to the spine so it allows you to perform natural actions (like bending over....), but it's out of reach for us simple folks.

Comment

Pretty much. And you're right....outside of some specially designed armors like DragonSkin and such, it's all about the same for form and function.

Comment

Originally posted by lcm1 View Post
          Yes, similar stories went around amongst us. So everybody did it, JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE!! HeHeHe, lcm1

This bible belonged to [a german soldier] in the heavy fighting at Verdun. In a wonderful way he was saved by his Bible, which he as a devout Christian and always carried with him while sleeping in the shelter. When a shell hit and destroyed the shelter, many of his comrades were wounded or killed. An approximately 4 cm large shrapnel tore the Bible under his head, broke through but not completely, so that [the man] was unharmed alive.

Source: http://www.europeana1914-1918.eu/en/contributions/1817
          "To hell wars Grudges and parties ! As our fathers Sing in real friends, The clink of glasses Roses and lilies. The clink of glasses Roses and lilies."

Comment

I only liked the side plates for how they helped fill out my duffel bag and kept my iotv sitting up right.

Comment

I have got to ask. Why are insurgents even going for body shots. If SA was invaded by a western nation I would shoot legs.
              you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Torso is the biggest single target, it's also normally more exposed than legs. Plus one of the big things about armor isn't direct fire protection it's indirect protection and blast protection.

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                  Torso is the biggest single target, it's also normally more exposed than legs. Plus one of the big things about armor isn't direct fire protection it's indirect protection and blast protection.
                  And the legs will be the fastest moving part of the body when a person is running.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                    I have got to ask. Why are insurgents even going for body shots. If SA was invaded by a western nation I would shoot legs.
                    Insurgents are notoriously crappyshots. They typically use the methodology for which the AK is best designed. Spray and pray. Thus they are happy to hit their target anywhere.

As TacCovert4 and Ogukuo72 pointed out, the torso is the biggest target to aim for and have a chance of hitting.
                    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                    George Mason
                    Co-author of the Second Amendment
                    during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

And hitting a USA solder in the Torso with all his Armor will not put him down for long. Of course if a torso is all you got I guess you shoot and hope for the best.
                      you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by andrewza View Post
                        And hitting a USA solder in the Torso with all his Armor will not put him down for long. Of course if a torso is all you got I guess you shoot and hope for the best.
                        A direct hit at a medium range will put you down, most likely break some ribs, armor is meant for saving lives but it's no magic.

Comment

Making one a little harder to hit :

http://www.futureoftech.msnbc.msn.co...ouflage-748437

Comment

Working...
                          X