This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum guidelines

In the interest of keeping this (or any) forum an intellectual debate, rather than a schoolyard brawl, the following will be appreciated.

In the wake of a recent posting, the following is now added:

Do not post anything that you wouldn't want your son/daughter or other young child to see. If you think grisly photos of dismembered bodies arre appropriate for such an age group, you should seek professional psychiatric help.

1) If, as a part of your post, you feel compelled to engage in name-calling, derogatory or denigrating comments, or racial, ethnic or sectarian slurs, you need to take a break, and reconsider what you are going to post. The racial, etc .comments WILL NOT be tolerated.

2) In relation to the above, if you are so angry, agitated, emotional or otherwise worked up, it is probably a good idea to wait for a while to make your posts. Any actions taken in the heat of the moment do not usually reflect well on the poster.

3) If you are going to engage in innuendo, rumor-mongering, character assassination or stereotyping, please do it elsewhere. I would like to see this forum proceed at above a juvenile level.

4) Remember, just because the use of some name or epithet does not bother you, does not mean that it doesn't bother others - think carefully before you post.

After discussions among the various forum leaders and other staff, additions to this FAQ may be added to periodically. This being the case, it will be a good idea to check back periodically.

5) In matters of profanity, vulgar or course language, blasphemy, we all need to remember that not all visitors to this website are adults. Whether or not any individual child has heard such language or uses themselves is irrelevant. The should not encounter it here. Some persons adopt the practice of using the first letter of a word, and then substituting symbols (e.g. @#$&*) fir the remainder. This is not a problem so long as usage is not gratuitous.

6) Expanding on the above point, as especially considering the general subject matter of these forums, lurid descriptions of sex acts, fetishes, quirky behavior or "adult" conduct should not appear in these forums

7) Usually, if you have to wonder if you should be posting a given entry, it is highly likely that you should not. Use discretion and common sense.

8) As suggested by another moderator - a prime consideration should be - RESPECT - every person should treat every other person with respect. You can disagree, you can even dislike someone - just dont make a full declaration here. This is not the argument forum.

9) Another idea is this - this (or any other) forum should not become a place for anyone to air their petty, partisan agendas. If you want to do so,you should find a more appropriate venue.

10) If you wish to post a lengthy article, please excerpt it and then provide a link to the original. This will be better than trying to read a full article in the forums. Thanx.

The overriding principle should be this: this should be an intellectual, but also fun, forum. Nobody comes here wanting to be flamed, insulted, referred to by racial, ethnic, sectarian or other slurs.

Once again, visitors to this forum should leave wanting to come back again. If we all remember our manners, that should not be a problem.

Keep checking back, this post will grow as circumstances, etc. require.

Thanks to all for your cooperation and participation.
    Last edited by hogdriver; 04 Nov 04, 16:20.
    Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
    (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Should sticky this one hogdriver for all the newcomers and everyone to read. :thumb:
    http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

A good rule of thumb (works for me), open your word processor, and write out your post. Read and re-read it. How would you like it if these words were said to or about you?

Then, delete the file, and compose a message worthy of response.
      Retreat hell, we just got here. Every Marine, a rifleman.

Never let the facts get in the way of the truth.

Comment

Dannybou & Iron Mike USMC

Thanks for the feedback. I am hopeful that those posting will abide by both mine and your comments.

Comment

For Dr Sinister

In answer to your question, yes you may continue - that is a special case.

Comment

Re: For Dr Sinister

Originally posted by hogdriver
            In answer to your question, yes you may continue - that is a special case.
            Thanks!

Dr. S.
            Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Read you loud and clear, Hogdriver, Dannybou and others. Yeah I I am guilty of violating these rules occasionally. My apologies to all who were offended in anyway with my posts. :thumb:
              "To know the weapons the enemy has is already to beat them!"

http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-photo-vf213-01l.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by hellodoggie
                Read you loud and clear, Hogdriver, Dannybou and others. Yeah I I am guilty of violating these rules occasionally. My apologies to all who were offended in anyway with my posts. :thumb:
                Not a problem, doggie, sometime we all let our emotions rule us. I am mostly hope to prevent the most egregious violations of decency, good taste, and maturity. Those to whom this applies, in the forum and others, know who they are.

Comment

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
                  • Learn em.

Love em.

Live em.

Aye!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Re: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT

Originally posted by Admiral
                    • Learn em.

Love em.

Live em.

Aye!

Dead on, Admiral. Everybody has rules, but not everybody abides by them. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral

Learn em.

Love em.

Live em.

Aye!

Words to live by:thumb:
                      B. FETT

Comment

Re: Forum guidelines

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hogdriver
                        [B]In the interest of keeping this (or any) forum an intellectual debate, rather than a schoolyard brawl, the following will be appreciated.

Hear, hear, I posted a thread on Montgomery, and read something that got my blood heated, and i posted a stupid reply.
                        But, my point is that I agree completely, if angry about something that is written sleep over it.
                        And please let us keep the 'sleaze' out. For all of us. Including me.
                        I'm sorry for what i wrote in the heat of my getting out of line, I have corrected the reply, and noticed that the moderator had forseen, or overseen what was going on and had already corrected a word that shouldnt have been there in the first place.
                        lets, go on, in the spirit of good points on military matters and interesting debate.
                        "SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM" - " If you want peace, prepare for war".

If acted upon in time, ww2 could have been stopped without a single bullet being fired. - Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Re: Re: Forum guidelines

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 17poundr
                          [B]
                          In the interest of keeping this (or any) forum an intellectual debate, rather than a schoolyard brawl, the following will be appreciated.

Hear, hear, I posted a thread on Montgomery, and read something that got my blood heated, and i posted a stupid reply.
                          But, my point is that I agree completely, if angry about something that is written sleep over it.
                          And please let us keep the 'sleaze' out. For all of us. Including me.
                          I'm sorry for what i wrote in the heat of my getting out of line, I have corrected the reply, and noticed that the moderator had forseen, or overseen what was going on and had already corrected a word that shouldnt have been there in the first place.
                          lets, go on, in the spirit of good points on military matters and interesting debate.
                          Unfortunately talking about Monty seems to do that to a lot of us.
                          Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Forum guidelines

Originally posted by Lance Williams
                            Unfortunately talking about Monty seems to do that to a lot of us.
                            Yeah, you won't have an argument out of me - I find my output tends to become more vulgar when I am speaking of "Sir" Montgomery.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Forum guidelines

Yeah, you won't have an argument out of me - I find my output tends to become more vulgar when I am speaking of "Sir" Montgomery.
                              Ah, it is truely an International plot against Monty, cmon fellows, he wasnt the devil incarnate, I mean if monty gets you furious, what about SS brigadier Dirlewanger???
                              "SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM" - " If you want peace, prepare for war".

If acted upon in time, ww2 could have been stopped without a single bullet being fired. - Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X