Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knights Templar win heresy reprieve

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Knights Templar win heresy reprieve

    Knights Templar win heresy reprieve after 700 years

    VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - The Knights Templar, the medieval Christian military order accused of heresy and sexual misconduct, will soon be partly rehabilitated when the Vatican publishes trial documents it had closely guarded for 700 years....

    "This is a milestone because it is the first time that these documents are being released by the Vatican, which gives a stamp of authority to the entire project," said Professor Barbara Frale, a medievalist at the Vatican's Secret Archives.

    "Nothing before this offered scholars original documents of the trials of the Templars," she told Reuters in a telephone interview ahead of the official presentation of the work on October 25.

    more at http://www.reuters.com/article/newsO...93422320071012
    Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
    Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006


    "Never pet a burning dog."

    RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
    http://www.mormon.org
    http://www.sca.org
    http://www.scv.org/
    http://www.scouting.org/

  • #2
    Originally posted by Janos View Post
    Knights Templar win heresy reprieve after 700 years

    VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - The Knights Templar, the medieval Christian military order accused of heresy and sexual misconduct, will soon be partly rehabilitated when the Vatican publishes trial documents it had closely guarded for 700 years....

    "This is a milestone because it is the first time that these documents are being released by the Vatican, which gives a stamp of authority to the entire project," said Professor Barbara Frale, a medievalist at the Vatican's Secret Archives.

    "Nothing before this offered scholars original documents of the trials of the Templars," she told Reuters in a telephone interview ahead of the official presentation of the work on October 25.

    more at http://www.reuters.com/article/newsO...93422320071012
    Mighty nice of the Vatican to forgive the Knights Templar 700 years after the last ones were tortured and burned at the stake. I guess the wheels of justice do roll rather slow, wouldn't you say?.
    "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
      Mighty nice of the Vatican to forgive the Knights Templar 700 years after the last ones were tortured and burned at the stake. I guess the wheels of justice do roll rather slow, wouldn't you say?.
      It is a ruse to get the current members out of hiding for more persecution.

      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

      Prayers.

      BoRG

      http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by salinator View Post
        It is a ruse to get the current members out of hiding for more persecution.

        Sshh! Don't say that too loud, they might hear you and then we'll never find out where the "Holy Grail" is!.
        "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
          Mighty nice of the Vatican to forgive the Knights Templar 700 years after the last ones were tortured and burned at the stake. I guess the wheels of justice do roll rather slow, wouldn't you say?.
          The Vatican was undoubtedly weighing ALL the evidence...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by K_B View Post
            The Vatican was undoubtedly weighing ALL the evidence...
            And ALL the evidence points to the Templars' ability to make sizeable donations, and of course give up the Holy Grail.

            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

            Prayers.

            BoRG

            http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

            Comment


            • #7
              All I can say is: Hallelujah!!! I sure am glad that some of the mystery and spooky crap surrounding the Templars has been cleared up. In summary, what the Vatican said was that some of them were immoral, but they were not heretics.

              Deus le vult!

              Gloria tibi Domine.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
                Mighty nice of the Vatican to forgive the Knights Templar 700 years after the last ones were tortured and burned at the stake. I guess the wheels of justice do roll rather slow, wouldn't you say?.


                Yupper back in the ole, non politicaly correct, days of the Texas Republic, we'd said that was damn white of em.

                That aint rolling slow pard that's gawdamn 'creeping'.


                best
                CV

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by salinator View Post
                  It is a ruse to get the current members out of hiding for more persecution.

                  ROFL!! with tears!!!
                  Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    One down. One to go. Any word on the subject from France, since it was the French crown who started the whole ball rolling while the hapless papacy was being dragged along?
                    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                    George Mason
                    Co-author of the Second Amendment
                    during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Cyberknight View Post
                      One down. One to go. Any word on the subject from France, since it was the French crown who started the whole ball rolling while the hapless papacy was being dragged along?
                      Yes, they've been forgiven, too.
                      Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
                      Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006


                      "Never pet a burning dog."

                      RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
                      http://www.mormon.org
                      http://www.sca.org
                      http://www.scv.org/
                      http://www.scouting.org/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        One Vatican secret about to be partly exposed. How many thousands more to go?
                        Those that forget history are condemed to repeat it.
                        If you're going to be one you might as well be a BIG RED ONE

                        Comment

                        Latest Topics

                        Collapse

                        Working...
                        X