Richard III Reburial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lcm1 View Post
    Yes WW, that was about right for my Dad, except for his general bone structure, for he was a BIG man, had hands like a slab of meat! lcm1.......My apologies Dib;
    No need for apologies Ken! And I hope that your dad's affliction didn't cause him too much trouble throughout his life.

What Richard had to be exact, was Scoliosis.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/scolios...roduction.aspx

Paul
    ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
    All human ills he can subdue,
    Or with a bauble or medal
    Can win mans heart for you;
    And many a blessing know to stew
    To make a megloamaniac bright;
    Give honour to the dainty Corse,
    The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
      No need for apologies Ken! And I hope that your dad's affliction didn't cause him too much trouble throughout his life.

What Richard had to be exact, was Scoliosis.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/scolios...roduction.aspx

Paul
      Thank you Dib, no as far as I know he led a fairly normal life as far as his back was concerned, it didn't stop him from getting a lovely kind wife which is an important thing I suppose. lcm1
      'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
      " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

If he murdered his nephews then that puts him beyond the Pale IMO

OK brilliant archaeological find and as a King of England he deserves his place at the altar so to speak

BTW his death did not end the ROW

There was still the Battle of Stoke to follow in 1487 that was launched from Ireland

- with disastrous results for the Yorkists!
        http://www.irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Comment

Originally posted by lcm1 View Post
          Thank you Dib, no as far as I know he led a fairly normal life as far as his back was concerned, it didn't stop him from getting a lovely kind wife which is an important thing I suppose. lcm1
          And a son who would go on to be part of world history and a wonderful credit to him

Paul
          ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
          All human ills he can subdue,
          Or with a bauble or medal
          Can win mans heart for you;
          And many a blessing know to stew
          To make a megloamaniac bright;
          Give honour to the dainty Corse,
          The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Wooden Wonder View Post

After the Tudors took over, politics being what it is they then launched into the character assassination of Richard III. When Holbein's portrait of him was X-rayed a while back it was found that the slight hump/hunch that Holbein had painted had been later added to.

It kind of makes me wonder just who had the princes knocked off in the Tower?
            What get forgotten is that swinging a medieval broadsword builds up the muscle structure disproportionately in the dominant arm.
            As to the princes, if the Lancastrians had murdered them ,(or the Tudor subset thereof), there should have been a great hue and cry raised.

Which there wasn't. The lads were no longer "princes" as Richard, as chief protector, had had them declared illegitimate. He is the most likely culprit...

Perhaps he had been raised too long in war, and couldn't adjust to being a peacetime king.
            The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by Wooden Wonder View Post
              It is only quite recently that the real site of the Bosworth battle was identified. A field or two away from where it was first thought.

Never mind a kingdom for a hoss, what he needed was an MBT!
              OR BETTER RELATIONS WITH HIS supporters...
              Bosworth is interesting, in that the duke of Northumberland held back Richard's right battle wing, the strongest part of his force, and the Stanley's arrived and - switched sides. Richard's charge was a last gasp effort to stave off defeat.

Despite Josephine Tay's best efforts ( and the rest of the white 'boar's), IF EITHER NORTHUMBERLAND or Stanley join on the king's side, Henry Tudor is badly outnumbered, and Richard wins.
              It appears that the landed MAGNATES CONSIDERED King Richard- expendable.
              The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

OR BETTER RELATIONS WITH HIS supporters...
                Bosworth is interesting, in that the duke of Northumberland held back Richard's right battle wing, the strongest part of his force, and the Stanley's arrived and - switched sides. Richard's charge was a last gasp effort to stave off defeat.

Despite Josephine Tay's best efforts ( and the rest of the white 'boar's), IF EITHER NORTHUMBERLAND or Stanley join on the king's side, Henry Tudor is badly outnumbered, and Richard wins.
                It appears that the landed MAGNATES CONSIDERED King Richard- expendable.
                Richard had taken to beheading powerful magnates even those who were committed Yorkists. He was out of control so the magnates betrayed him to save their lives.
                "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X