Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatal Colours. Towton.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fatal-Colour.../dp/0297860712

I don't often make recommendations for books but I have to for this one. It puts this nearly forgotten battle firmly in context and manages to explain the lead up to it in quite a clear fashion, so if like me you always confuse your Yorks with your Lancs it actually makes it almost sort of clear why the flower of English youth spent Palm Sunday 1461 hacking each other to bits in a hill side meadow.
    "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

Originally posted by DARKPLACE View Post
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fatal-Colour.../dp/0297860712

I don't often make recommendations for books but I have to for this one. It puts this nearly forgotten battle firmly in context and manages to explain the lead up to it in quite a clear fashion, so if like me you always confuse your Yorks with your Lancs it actually makes it almost sort of clear why the flower of English youth spent Palm Sunday 1461 hacking each other to bits in a hill side meadow.
    It was the bloodiest fought on English soil and I will have to get the book..looks like something I would enjoy..
    "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
    "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Lynne View Post
      It was the bloodiest fought on English soil and I will have to get the book..looks like something I would enjoy..

He has come up with a plausible theory that explains why it could well have been exactly that, the bloodiest battle on English soil. I wont tell you because it might spoil the book but trust me well worth getting.
      "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X