Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Citizens and Soldiers of Rome: Will You Defend the Republic against Caesar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizens and Soldiers of Rome: Will You Defend the Republic against Caesar?

50 BC.

Gaius Julius Caesar has been recalled to Rome to answer charges of treason and war crimes.

News arrive that Caesar has done the unthinkable. He has crossed the River Rubicon with his army in tow.

It is clear that Caesar has refused the authority of the Senate and his action clearly means defiance and civil war.

Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus, sole Consul of Rome is scrambling to raise an army to defend the Republic.

But time is short and Caesar had advanced quickly. The Senate and Pompeius has fled Rome for Capua.

No doubt that Rome will be taken by Caesar, but you must make a choice whether to remain loyal to SPQR and join Pompeius to defend and to preserve the Republic, or to flock to Caesar to destroy The Ways of Our Ancestors!

Remember, you are a Roman of that time and do not have 2000 years of hindsight.

What are you thinking, Roman?

Please share the reasons for your choice with your fellow Romans!
    I will join Pompeius to defend the Republic
    34.78%
    I will flock to Caesar
    65.22%
    Last edited by Salinator; 23 May 16, 15:04.
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Throw a orgy and sacrifice to the local pagan gawds...

Hey when in Rome...
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

The fact that the Senate and Pompey ran would be enough for me to go with Caesar. Caesar also had a better reputation for politics. Another reason is Caesar's troops sang songs about him. Some ran along the way of "Get out of the way, the Bald Whoremonger is coming!". Pompey was a good general seeing he won the title "Magnus" but I have never heard of his troops singing songs about him. Besides with all the Rich People in the Senate, they will lose their estates and Caesar's men will get land from them.

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
        Throw a orgy
        Okay, you were as short of hearing 2000 years ago as you are today.

There in NO TIME. The Senate and the Consul have left and thus no one around for any orgy!

and sacrifice to the local pagan gawds...
        With any one of the over 200 Roman gods, you still have to name a beneficiary. Caesar or Pompeius?

Hey when in Rome...
        Act like a Roman. In this case: make a GD choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

Hey all the guys gone, there's no way I'm gonna let all that trim go to waste...

TOGA PARTY...
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
            50 BC.

Gaius Julius Caesar has been recalled to Rome to answer charges of treason and war crimes.

News arrive that Caesar has done the unthinkable. He has crossed the River Rubicon with his army in tow.

It is clear that Caesar has refused the authority of the Senate and his action clearly means defiance and civil war.

Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus, sole Consul of Rome is scrambling to raise an army to defend the Republic.

But time is short and Caesar had advanced quickly. The Senate and Pompeius has fled Rome for Capua.

No doubt that Rome will be taken by Caesar, but you must make a choice whether to remain loyal to SPQR and join Pompeius to defend and to preserve the Republic, or to flock to Caesar to destroy The Ways of Our Ancestors!

Remember, you are a Roman of that time and do not have 2000 years of hindsight.

What are you thinking, Roman?
            As a Roman living 2000 years I would definitely highly value the old Roman virtues and live by them in a changing world as I would feel that these virtues have been squandered already some time ago.

The call by Pompeius to defend the Republic smacks to me of self serving party politics and given his track record not of a genuine desire to restore the old Republican values. I will not be duped by some slogans by Pompeius to defend the Republic as
            I would realise very well that Pompeius currently is and likes to be the only Consul in Rome. Without colleague for checks and balances his call to defend the Republican values sounds hollow, so I am certainly not going to follow Pompeius to Capua.

Consequently I would stay in my City of Rome and await Caesar, whose move to cross the Rubicon I do not approve but can understand.
            BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
              Hey all the guys gone, there's no way I'm gonna let all that trim go to waste...

TOGA PARTY...
              TOGA! TOGA!

Pruitt

Comment

For the republic.
                you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                  TOGA! TOGA!

Pruitt
                  There is no time for a freaking Toga party!

Haul ass and join Pompeius or stay back and kiss Caesar rear end!

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

I'm willing to hear both make their case in the senate.

I'll stay in Rome and demand Pompeius does the same.
                    Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                      I'm willing to hear both make their case in the senate.

I'll stay in Rome and demand Pompeius does the same.
                      Are you hard of reading due to garum abuse?

Pompeius and the Senate has fled! Caesar is on the way. The last two times shite like this happened, it was really important to establish your ties. Now!

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

The whole senate ?

No citizen, some of us are still here, and will hear both consuls make their case or draw their conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                          There is no time for a freaking Toga party!

Haul ass and join Pompeius or stay back and kiss Caesar rear end!
                          See my earlier post (#3) where I declare for Caesar. I was inspired by the classic movie "Animal House" where a Toga Party is suggested and Brother Bluto starts hollering: "TOGA! TOGA!". I think Julius would have loved the idea!

Pruitt

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                            The whole senate ?

No citizen, some of us are still here, and will hear both consuls make their case or draw their conclusions.
                            There is no both consuls!

Pompeius is Consul without Colleague. Sole Consul! He is the sole authority of Rome! By law!

Caesar must be stopped!

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

Ceasar's term as consul is over that's true, yet the senate motion declaring him an outlaw was not passed according to regulations.

I demand a new session of the senate to be called, the presence of both demanded and whoever fails to appear without reasonable cause to be punished accordingly.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X