Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The complication with setting up a different structure is the general instructions we are given is that the traffic has to justify the creation -and that the trend is towards consolidation rather than expansion (or rather the preferred trend - as provided by the admins).

With that in mind -it may be necessary to find another structure (and well I imagine it can be worked on -or better yet Admiral can go for it too

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Williams
      How about a pre 1900 far eastern subforum?
      I like that recommendation. It opens a category not only for samurai aficionados, but also those interested in Chinese and Mongol warfare.
      Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

Not sayin it can be done, but... what would be a good name for the "Age"?

Age of...

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral
          Not sayin it can be done, but... what would be a good name for the "Age"?

Age of...

How does "Age of Far Eastern Warfare" sound?

Comment

How about Asian Warfare before 20th Century? (Don't know where that leaves Russo-Japanese War?)

Comment

Originally posted by R.N. Armstrong
              How about Asian Warfare before 20th Century? (Don't know where that leaves Russo-Japanese War?)
              Like I said before................Pre 1900 Far Eastern Warfare
              Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Williams
                Like I said before................Pre 1900 Far Eastern Warfare
                It works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Janos View Post
                  What is the scope of this subforum?

Euro-focused, but not exclusively European, from the fall of Constantinople (1453 AD) through the end of the War of the Spanish Succession (1714 AD).

Shouldn't it run through the end of the Great Northern War (1721)?

Comment

I agree with Janos. Who in turn 'seems' to agree with Stephen Turnbull. 'Who, as far as I'm concerned, is the best author of the period

Paul
                    ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                    All human ills he can subdue,
                    Or with a bauble or medal
                    Can win mans heart for you;
                    And many a blessing know to stew
                    To make a megloamaniac bright;
                    Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                    The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

I am a bit lost here: Which forum would be the right place for main 18th Century warfare, means between the Great Northern War and the Napoleonic time?

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Koleoglu View Post
                        Nothing bad ever happens to Mel Gibson and to speak of such things is heresy (Although I would not mind to see him running from a band of well... anyone and face river over river without bridges as divine justice for the Battle of the Stirling BRIDGE)
                        What is your Idea that.?

Comment

I am new to to this forum so maybe I am wrong. But why is there no "age of discovery" forum or sub-forum?
                          I would believe that this forum should be the age of discovery forum even though it's start date is 42 years to early. But age of pike and shot?

The age of discovery is probably the most important period of history and yet it is scarcely mentioned or discussed on this site? Maybe it is too american?

Well... I was just wondering.

Comment

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

American age of discovery has nothing to do with the age of discovery. Looking at the posts it is clearly a forum for America. Favorite American presidents, least favorite American president, wars in the 1800 in America and so forth... How exactly does that relate to the age of discoveries?

No... this only confirms my previous post.

Comment

As an American, and reading your post, it seemed as likely that is what you were asking for as anything else, mate. and the greatest answer to you question, due the sustained lack of such threads as might sustain such a dedicated sub-forum, you & all others are currently left to the main WTTA parent forum or more period specific subs within which to post or search out your interests.

Further, the scope of the previously mentioned parent forum & most of its subs is open to the entire Western Hemisphere predominately including North, Central & South America beginning with any discussions specific to its own 'Age & Eras of Discovery'... NOT just the United States. Other more relevant Ages & Eras here in WTTA already encompass many elements of military history centered upon Discovery in many Ages & Eras. If you we're to change your display settings to show All Threads you would find far more than is apparent than your current Thread Age Cutoff (Default) settings.

No need to become bombastic or abrasive by your line of inquiry, mate, we are friends here & suggestions for additional or existing sub-forums or forums are welcome. Just because people demand, expect, or complain does not mean such suggestions will result as desired. Most often because such things are not so popularly sustained or sustainable on their own. If there is some line of discussion or scope that members can in fact show or demonstrate - by actual interest posted over time - then creation may in fact be considered quite seriously. Otherwise, The ACG Forums community will not be cluttered by flash in the pan scopes - as shown by unstained or very lite actual interest on its own - and which eventually might end up merged into a more broadly relevant 'Age, Era, or General' forum/sub-forum already existing & established.

If you think something lacking, don't complain, get to it: demonstrate your own sustained interest of such specific nature & do so in such manner that might foment or attract the real interests of others.

That said, mate, Welcome to Armchair General Forums!

Admiral
                                ACG/WHG Forums Administrator
                                Last edited by Admiral; 24 Jan 13, 21:17.

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X