Roman Carrobalista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roman Carrobalista

A very interesting computer rendering of an ancient Roman support weapon that looks like it was designed for high mobility in the field allowing the troops to quickly roll it into position.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

I've seen better model on cart resembling the famous Tachanka in RTW.
    Pittty Romans unlike Chinese didn't had any self repeating model.
    Kosovo is Serbian.
    I support United Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
    Behead those who say Islam is violent!

Comment

Originally posted by DracoBorealis View Post
      I've seen better model on cart resembling the famous Tachanka in RTW.
      Pittty Romans unlike Chinese didn't had any self repeating model.
      Funny, I was just about to post this

Polybolos, a repeating ballista and and the oldest know application of a chain drive.

Comment

The Polybolos was a Greek weapon and I don't think the Romans ever used it.

Also, the Polybolos was scraped since people realized that semi-auto/repeating siege weapons were pretty much worthless. Firing off 20 bolts a minute during a siege battle was completely unnecessary, and it was much better to emphasize accuracy.

I don't think the Han Dynasty used repeating siege weapons either for the same reason. They had the repeating crossbow, but that was a portable anti-personnel weapon and not a siege weapon.
        Surrender? NutZ!
        -Varro

Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death. -Sun Tzu

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X