Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baker's Dozen (North American History Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 Great North American Movie Lines

1. "Keep you friends close -- and your enemies closer" - The Godfather Part 2

I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

2. "I love the smell of napalm in the morning." - Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore - Robert Duvall - Apocalypse Now

Comment

2. "I love the smell of napalm in the morning." - Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore - Robert Duvall - Apocalypse Now

3. "Don't sell yourself short, judge. You're a tremendous slouch." - Ty Webb in Caddyshack

Comment

• A Baker's Dozen of Great North American Movie Lines

3. "Don't sell yourself short, Judge. You're a tremendous slouch." - Ty Webb in Caddyshack

4. "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!" - Alfonso Bedoya as the Federale in 'Treasure of the Sierra Madre'

So long as men worship the Caesars and Napoleons, Caesars and Napoleons will duly rise and make them miserable.

Aldous Huxley: Ends and Means (1937)

Comment

3. "Don't sell yourself short, Judge. You're a tremendous slouch." - Ty Webb in Caddyshack
            4. "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!" - Alfonso Bedoya as the Federale in 'Treasure of the Sierra Madre'

"Take your stinkin' paws off me, you damn dirty ape." - TAYLOR (Charlton Heston) Planet of the Apes
            "There is no justice among men."- Tsar Nicholas II

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” - Otto Von Bismarck

"It is always easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." - Alfred Adler

Comment

5. "Take your stinkin' paws off me, you damn dirty ape." - TAYLOR (Charlton Heston) Planet of the Apes

6. Definitely an antisocial type. Woof, woof, woof! That's my other dog imitation - Oddball - Kelly's Heroes

Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

1. "Keep you friends close -- and your enemies closer" - The Godfather Part
                5. "Take your stinkin' paws off me, you damn dirty ape." - TAYLOR (Charlton Heston) Planet of the Apes
                6. Definitely an antisocial type. Woof, woof, woof! That's my other dog imitation - Oddball - Kelly's Heroes

7. “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn” - Rhett Butler -Clark Gable - Gone With the Wind

Comment

7. “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn” - Rhett Butler -Clark Gable - Gone With the Wind

8. "Fill your hands you son of a bitch" - Rooster Cogburn (John Wayne) - True Grit

Last edited by Catman; 08 Apr 12, 14:39.
                  "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                  — Groucho Marx

Comment

8. "Fill your hands you son of a bitch" - Rooster Cogburn (John Wayne) - True Grit

9. "Okay. You people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president." Jack Burton

Comment

6. "Definitely an antisocial type. Woof, woof, woof! That's my other dog imitation" - Oddball - Kelly's Heroes
                      9. "Okay. You people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president." Jack Burton

10. "Made it, Ma! Top of the world!" - Cody Jarrett (James Cagney) - White Heat

Last edited by Post Captain; 08 Apr 12, 16:08.
                      Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

11. "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore!" Dorothy Gale (Judy Garland) The Wizard of Oz

Last edited by McMax; 08 Apr 12, 16:23.

Comment

11."Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore!" Dorothy Gale (Judy Garland) The Wizard of Oz

12.I wanted to see exotic Vietnam, the jewel of Southeast Asia. I, uh, I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."- PRIVATE JOKER (Matthew Modine) in Full Metal Jacket

"There is no justice among men."- Tsar Nicholas II

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” - Otto Von Bismarck

"It is always easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." - Alfred Adler

Comment

11."Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore!" Dorothy Gale (Judy Garland) The Wizard of Oz

12.I wanted to see exotic Vietnam, the jewel of Southeast Asia. I, uh, I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."- PRIVATE JOKER (Matthew Modine) in Full Metal Jacket

13. "Rosebud" from "Citizen Kane".

Comment

• A Bakers Dozen of North American sayings and their origins.

1. "A Can of Corn" from baseball about a an easy fly ball to catch.
                              A grocer would have to get cans of corn off the top shelf with a stick or hook and would catch it in their apron.

Comment

• A Bakers Dozen of North American sayings and their origins.

1. "A Can of Corn" from baseball about a an easy fly ball to catch.
                                A grocer would have to get cans of corn off the top shelf with a stick or hook and would catch it in their apron.

2. "Someone let the cat out of the bag". - They used to sell baby pigs in burlap sacks. Unscrupulous characters would occasionally slip a sack with a cat in it in the mix.
                                "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                                — Groucho Marx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X