Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Baker's Dozen (North American History Edition)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North America's 13 Worst Driving Roads

1. I-95 - Pretty much the whole thing, but in particular the New Jersey Turnpike and the Cross-Bronx Expressway.
    2. Colorado 550, aka Million Dollar Highway, from Ouray to Silverton
    3. I-405 San Diego Freeway - Irvine to San Fernando, California
    4. Highway 61 in Centralia, Pennsylvania
    5. I-278 Gowanus and Brooklyn-Queens Expressways
    6. Cross-Bronx Expressway
    7. Spaghetti Junction- I 85 & I 285 Interchange, Atlanta Ga

8. The 405
    "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."

Comment

• Originally posted by HiredGoon View Post
      North America's 13 Worst Driving Roads

1. I-95 - Pretty much the whole thing, but in particular the New Jersey Turnpike and the Cross-Bronx Expressway.
      6. Cross-Bronx Expressway
      7. Spaghetti Junction- I 85 & I 285 Interchange, Atlanta Ga
      8. The 405

9. Lombard Street (San Francisco)

17thAirborneSon

"The horizon is unlimited." Major General Matthew Ridgeway

Comment

• You know that 6 and 8 are repeats of 1 and 3, right?
        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
          You know that 6 and 8 are repeats of 1 and 3, right?
          Looks like a traffic nightmare!!
          17thAirborneSon

Comment

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
            You know that 6 and 8 are repeats of 1 and 3, right?
            I missed the off-ramp.....

Comment

• With 6, no wonder you ended up in Canada. Hell I would too.
              Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
              (J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

Comment

• Originally posted by General Staff View Post
                With 6, no wonder you ended up in Canada. Hell I would too.
                Turn around if you see this sign, during this "Dozen"

17thAirborneSon

Comment

• Originally posted by 17thAirborneSon View Post

9. Lombard Street (San Francisco)

I did Lombard Street on a bicycle once. It was a great workout for my sphincter.

Comment

6. Spaghetti Junction- I 85 & I 285 Interchange, Atlanta Ga
                    7. Lombard Street (San Francisco)

8. NJ-17 Bergen County, New Jersey

Ever since I first got my learner's permit, when I was sixteen and my father chucked me the keyes in the parking lot and told me to "take us home" from Hell (the Garden State Plaza) NJ-17 has always tightened my colon. I'm actually there on a pretty regular basis, and still my palms sweat all over the wheel when I have to hit the street there through traffic. The reason is simple: all Jerseyites are animals. There's not a one of them that can drive. They never know where they're going, and they're always in a hurry to get there. And NJ-17 is their capital.
                    Last edited by slick_miester; 14 Aug 09, 20:17.

Comment

• Yeah, I know what you mean. Lordy some of the accidents I saw.

Secaucus was particularly bad IIRC. Some of those bus drivers out of the Port Authority are either heroes or suicide jockeys IMO depending on your POV.
                      Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
                      (J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

Comment

• They're friggin' animals, the whole lot of 'em. What is it in Jersey that compells every friggin' driver in the state to come to a dead stop and gawk at every little fender bender they come across? You'd think that if you've seen one you've seen 'em all -- BUT NO -- in Jersey they stop, stare, take notes, call their friends, and pump out a field sketch every time two cars so much as kiss. What's up with that?

Comment

9. SR 91, Riverside-Orange Counties, CA

WORST DRIVE IN CALIFORNIA!!!!
                          Satis elouquentiae sapientiae parum

Diadochi Wars GAME:http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=140484

Comment

• Back on track with what we got? X marks the spot

Originally posted by Legatus Augusti View Post
                            North America's 13 Worst Driving Roads

Guess we're movin' on with what we got!
                            so

10. Orange Crush interchange

The 2002 edition of the Guinness World Records book cites this as the most complex road interchange in the world, stating that it is an intersection of 34 different routes, when taking into account collector/distributor roads, surrounding on- and off-ramps (such as Bristol Street/La Veta Avenue, Broadway/Main Street), and direct carpool-to-carpool flyovers. Adding to the complexity is that of the five possible directions to enter the interchange, entering eastbound on SR-22 is the only approach that allows motorists to exit the interchange in all possible directions of travel. This is a result of the acute intersecting angles of SR-57 and I-5, as well as the fact that the interchange is approximately 3 miles (4.8 km) from SR-22's eastern terminus at SR-55, which also intersects I-5 several miles south of the Orange Crush.[4]

In addition, although it is not a vehicular road, the Santa Ana River coincidentally crosses I-5 at the Orange Crush area, forming a large "X" visible from space imagery in the heart of Orange County.
                            17thAirborneSon

Comment

11. Kew Gardens Interchange - Kew Gardens, Queens, New York

The Kew Gardesn Interchange is the confluence of one expressway, two parkways, two major thoroughfares, two subway lines, and a number of smaller streets, all meeting at the Queens Co DA's office and lock-up. At least once a month a car gets impaled on the concrete divider while making the turn from the Van Wyck to the Interboro. That's always a hoot. The wierdest thing, though, is that in order to exit or enter the subway station, one must walk along the shoulder of the Interboro Parway, underneath Queens Boulevard and Union Turnpike. The shoulder is fenced off from the Interboro, yet the face-full of car exaust -- and the flimsy look of the fence -- can make a grown man's knees quake.

Comment

11. Kew Gardens Interchange

12. 407 ETR (Electronic Toll Route) - Greater Toronto Area

Billed as the World's first ETR, they never mention that it is also the world's most expensive. Unfortunately, in order to avoid the traffic snarls everywhere else, you have to take it. BIG RIPOFF !

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X