Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baker's Dozen (Russian History Edition)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Stryker 19K30 View Post
    And, as I said Google or their browser is smart enough to tell them of the mistake. Давай, давай - 11.
    I think I'll stick to beetroot soup instead

    (Apparently the Hungarian version is barszcz)
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson.

    Comment


    • Bakers' Dozen of Typically Russian Food

      (Not drink)

      1. Pirozhki
      2. Okroshka
      3. Borstch (Ukrainian)
      4. Blini
      5. Stchi
      6. Kasha
      7. Pelmeni
      8. Vatrushki
      9. Seld pod Shuboi (Dressed Herring under Fur salad)
      10. Olivier

      11. Tvorog

      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson.

      Comment


      • Bakers' Dozen of Typically Russian Food

        (Not drink)

        1. Pirozhki
        2. Okroshka
        3. Borstch (Ukrainian)
        4. Blini
        5. Stchi
        6. Kasha
        7. Pelmeni
        8. Vatrushki
        9. Seld pod Shuboi (Dressed Herring under Fur salad)
        10. Olivier
        11. Tvorog

        12. Zapekanka

        www.histours.ru

        Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

        Comment


        • Still wondering where is our Great Expert on Russian Food with his millions of recipes of typical everyday Russian food made of barely cooked yucky offals?
          Last edited by ShAA; 16 Jul 12, 01:23.
          www.histours.ru

          Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

          Comment


          • Bakers' Dozen of Typically Russian Food

            (Not drink)

            1. Pirozhki
            2. Okroshka
            3. Borstch (Ukrainian)
            4. Blini
            5. Stchi
            6. Kasha
            7. Pelmeni
            8. Vatrushki
            9. Seld pod Shuboi (Dressed Herring under Fur salad)
            10. Olivier
            11. Tvorog
            12. Zapekanka

            13. Kholodets

            The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson.

            Comment


            • Somebody else should take a turn at thinking of a new Russian Bakers' dozen as I've done a few recently.
              The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson.

              Comment


              • Baker's dozen of Russian leaders, commanders and famous people with foreign origin

                1. Joseph Vissarionovich Stalin, born Ioseb Besarionis dze Jughashvili, Georgian (1878 - 1953)

                Time is inside of us and we are inside time. It turns us and we turn It.
                Vasil Levski


                http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...91#post2139891

                Comment


                • Baker's dozen of Russian leaders, commanders and famous people with foreign origin

                  1. Joseph Vissarionovich Stalin, born Ioseb Besarionis dze Jughashvili, Georgian (1878 - 1953)

                  2. Catherine the Great, Prussian (1729 -1796)

                  The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ShAA View Post
                    Still wondering where is our Great Expert on Russian Food with his millions of recipes of typical everyday Russian food made of barely cooked yucky offals?
                    You didn't need me: you evidently know yourself how nasty Russian cuisine is.

                    Rimshot
                    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

                    Comment


                    • Baker's dozen of Russian leaders, commanders and famous people with foreign origin

                      1. Joseph Vissarionovich Stalin, born Ioseb Besarionis dze Jughashvili, Georgian (1878 - 1953)
                      2. Catherine the Great, Prussian (1729 -1796)

                      3. Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov, aka Lenin (1870-1924)



                      No, Lenin was not born outside of Russia -- but he could never have achieved supreme power in Russia without outside help, Specifically Germany's. It was the German foreign ministry that arranged not only for Lenin's transport into Russia across the lines, but also substantively supported his efforts in bringing down the Provisional Government during 1917. Lenin is pictured above, disguised as a railroad worker without his signature goatee hiding in Finland after it had been revealed that he was receiving German support through their agent Alexander Helphand, aka Parvus.
                      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                        Rimshot
                        Stop banging on your head, man. Your posts are a clear giveaway of its contents without your usual dull hollow sound
                        www.histours.ru

                        Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ShAA View Post
                          Stop banging on your head, man. Your posts are a clear giveaway of its contents without your usual dull hollow sound
                          Not my head: that would be all bass. Rimshots are usually done with cymbals.
                          I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                            No, Lenin was not born outside of Russia -- but he could never have achieved supreme power in Russia without outside help, Specifically Germany's. It was the German foreign ministry that arranged not only for Lenin's transport into Russia across the lines, but also substantively supported his efforts in bringing down the Provisional Government during 1917. Lenin is pictured above, disguised as a railroad worker without his signature goatee hiding in Finland after it had been revealed that he was receiving German support through their agent Alexander Helphand, aka Parvus.
                            Oh my Firstly, the "documents" were as authentic, as the "Testament of Peter the Great" or "Protocols of the Elders of Zion", and secondly, you've made some progress from your usual stretching of terms and definitions to the outright bizarre.
                            www.histours.ru

                            Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                              Not my head: that would be all bass
                              You've put an extra "b" in the last word. Other than that, I can only agree with you.
                              www.histours.ru

                              Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ShAA View Post
                                Oh my Firstly, the "documents" were as authentic, as the "Testament of Peter the Great" or "Protocols of the Elders of Zion", and secondly, you've made some progress from your usual stretching of terms and definitions to the outright bizarre.
                                Are we to suspend healthy disbelief vis a vis the "sealed train"?

                                Gimme a break.
                                I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X