9. Vera Figner
      10. Stepan Khalturin

11. Alexandra Kollontai

Comment

• Originally posted by Vimy Ridge
        Baker's Dozen of Russian Revolutionary/Political Terrorists
        . . . .
        11. Alexandra Kollontai

Trotsky thought her absolutely vile. Did you . . . . know her? Everyone else did.

Last edited by slick_miester; 29 Feb 12, 12:56. Reason: I can't spell. D'oh!
        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
          Trotsky though her absolutely vile. Did you . . . . know her? Everyone else did.

Gad sir, you are a cad to cast such a slur on a ..err, umm, ahh an adventurous woman. I didn't know her. I was too young and pure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vimy Ridge View Post
            10. Stepan Khalturin

11. Alexandra Kollontai
            Kollontai has never participated in a political assassination or a terror attack, either directly or indirectly. Unless you consider her sexual exploits to be just that

I suggest that you pick someone else.
            www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

• Originally posted by ShAA View Post
              Kollontai has never participated in a political assassination or a terror attack, either directly or indirectly. Unless you consider her sexual exploits to be just that
              That's just a matter of taste.

Rimshot

Comment

That's just a matter of taste.

Rimshot
                www.histours.ru

Comment

• Baker's Dozen of Russian Revolutionary/Political Terrorists

1. Vera Zasulich
                  2. Fanni Kaplan
                  3. Boris Savinkov
                  4. Sergei Nechaev
                  5. Ignacy Hryniewiecki
                  6. Nikolai Rysakov
                  7. Yakov Blyumkin
                  8. Leon Trotsky
                  9. Vera Figner
                  10. Stepan Khalturin

11. Pyotr Schmidt

I have replaced the floozy with Pyotr Schmidt, I hope this makes ShAA sleep easier at night although I don't think he carried out any assassinations himself or participated in terror attacks (that is Pyotr not ShAA) I do believe he qualifies as a revolutionary. I also have to admit to not being very knowledgeable about this period of Russian history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vimy Ridge View Post
                    I have replaced the floozy
                    The "f** floozy" was a highly educated woman who was proposed by Alexander III's personal adjutant and many other high and powerful men of that time, and the first female ambassador in the world who was held in high regard by the Swedish establishment and the King of Sweden.

I knew you were pretty low, but when lowliness is coupled with ignorance, it's just lame.

with Pyotr Schmidt, I hope this makes ShAA sleep easier at night
                    Oh baby, I still have to take some panty wadding classes from you to reach that point. When you start getting neg reps from me for posting totally relevant pictures of someone you don't like, you will know I have reached your level of craziness.

although I don't think he carried out any assassinations himself or participated in terror attacks (that is Pyotr not ShAA) I do believe he qualifies as a revolutionary.
                    The topic is on "political/revolutionary terrorists". Everybody else got the point well, so it's only your problem. Shmidt was not a terrorist, so you're wrong again.

I also have to admit to not being very knowledgeable about this period of Russian history.
                    Then don't post and don't squeal when shown wrong - you'll do this thread a real favour this way. I'll do the next posting as you apparently can't even use Google search for a second.
                    www.histours.ru

Comment

1. Vera Zasulich
                      2. Fanni Kaplan
                      3. Boris Savinkov
                      4. Sergei Nechaev
                      5. Ignacy Hryniewiecki
                      6. Nikolai Rysakov
                      7. Yakov Blyumkin
                      8. Leon Trotsky
                      9. Vera Figner
                      10. Stepan Khalturin

11. Dmitry Bogrov

www.histours.ru

Comment

• Originally posted by ShAA View Post
                        The "f** floozy" was a highly educated woman . . . .
                        Educated she certainly was -- but her education notwithstanding, she was a floozy.

I guess they just don't teach common sense in those fancy schools, do they.

Originally posted by ShAA View Post
                        I knew you were pretty low, but when lowliness is coupled with ignorance, it's just lame. . . . .

Oh baby, I still have to take some panty wadding classes from you to reach that point. When you start getting neg reps from me for posting totally relevant pictures of someone you don't like, you will know I have reached your level of craziness. . . . .

Then don't post and don't squeal when shown wrong - you'll do this thread a real favour this way. I'll do the next posting as you apparently can't even use Google search for a second.
                        Lighten up already.

Originally posted by ShAA View Post
                        The topic is on "political/revolutionary terrorists". Everybody else got the point well, so it's only your problem. Shmidt was not a terrorist, so you're wrong again.
                        That being the case, can't Kollantai be viewed as a revolutionary, if not necessarily a terrorist? She certainly saw herself as a revolutionary, beating down generations-old taboos about sex, sexuality, women's place in society, and a woman's sovereignty over her own sexuality. In some respects, she might have been one of the most revolutionary figures to emerge from the Russian Revolution. Therefore, your objection to her inclusion on this list might seem somewhat specious, would you not agree?

Comment

1. Vera Zasulich
                          2. Fanni Kaplan
                          3. Boris Savinkov
                          4. Sergei Nechaev
                          5. Ignacy Hryniewiecki
                          6. Nikolai Rysakov
                          7. Yakov Blyumkin
                          8. Leon Trotsky
                          9. Vera Figner
                          10. Stepan Khalturin
                          11. Dmitry Bogrov

12. Georgi Plekhanov

He hated Lenin, but it was Plekhanov who planted the seed of Russian Bolshevism. I wonder if he ever appreciated the irony.

Comment

Educated she certainly was -- but her education notwithstanding, she was a floozy.

I guess they just don't teach common sense in those fancy schools, do they.
                            You might call Cleopatra a usual ***** or Alexander the Great a brigand leader if you level things like that

Lighten up already.
                            You don't know the background, but now it's irrelevant already.

That being the case, can't Kollantai be viewed as a revolutionary, if not necessarily a terrorist? She certainly saw herself as a revolutionary, beating down generations-old taboos about sex, sexuality, women's place in society, and a woman's sovereignty over her own sexuality. In some respects, she might have been one of the most revolutionary figures to emerge from the Russian Revolution. Therefore, your objection to her inclusion on this list might seem somewhat specious, would you not agree?
                            See above. It's not about revolutionaries per se. The list of "just Russian revolutionaries" is someplace on the first pages of the thread.
                            www.histours.ru

Comment

1. Vera Zasulich
                              2. Fanni Kaplan
                              3. Boris Savinkov
                              4. Sergei Nechaev
                              5. Ignacy Hryniewiecki
                              6. Nikolai Rysakov
                              7. Yakov Blyumkin
                              8. Leon Trotsky
                              9. Vera Figner
                              10. Stepan Khalturin
                              11. Dmitry Bogrov
                              12. Georgi Plekhanov