The Austro-Prussian War - Book Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Austro-Prussian War - Book Search

Looking for a good book on the Austro-Prussian War of 1866 which also includes good maps and OB info.

Can anyone help me out?

The Battle of Koniggratz: Prussia's Victory over Austria, 1866 by Gordon Alexander Craig

The Austro-Prussian War: Austria's War with Prussia and Italy in 1866 by Geoffrey Wawro

THE ROAD TO KONIGGRATZ: Helmuth von Moltke and the Austro-Prussian War 1866 by Quintin Barry

My avatar: Center of the Cross of the Légion d'honneur (Legion of Honour) of the First French Empire (Napoleonic Era), 3rd type (awarded between 1806-1808). My Légion d'honneur. :-)

Comment

This site is a gold mine: http://www.wfgamers.org.uk/resources/C19/1866.htm

Take a look at the battle scenarios at the top of the page.
      My avatar: Center of the Cross of the Légion d'honneur (Legion of Honour) of the First French Empire (Napoleonic Era), 3rd type (awarded between 1806-1808). My Légion d'honneur. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Zouave View Post
        The Battle of Koniggratz: Prussia's Victory over Austria, 1866 by Gordon Alexander Craig

The Austro-Prussian War: Austria's War with Prussia and Italy in 1866 by Geoffrey Wawro

THE ROAD TO KONIGGRATZ: Helmuth von Moltke and the Austro-Prussian War 1866 by Quintin Barry

Which one of these would you say is the best at explaining the entire war and which supplies good maps? Lets say that maps are more important than OBs in this case.

Comment

Ahh... Good maps... Probably the most common problem with most military history books.

Quintin Barry's book is very good and contains a lot of maps. However, those maps simply .

Wawro's book is good, although a bit controversial. The maps are not that great either.

Comment

Thanks for the info folks. Yes, good maps are hard to come by these days.

If someone knows of a good ATLAS for the war that would work too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X