Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would the U.S. use the internet for to transfer Top Secret Data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would the U.S. use the internet for to transfer Top Secret Data?

Occasionally I will hear stories that data on weapons projects has been hacked off the internet.

All of the U.S aircraft projects up to the B2 were pre internet. Most of the major weapons systems the U.S. uses date to before the internet. Of course these systems have all had major updates.

I understand that using the internet is more convenient for scientist, engineers and contractors. But for most of modern history major defense projects have been done with out the internet.

Why expose sensitive data to possible breeches?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
    Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
    Occasionally I will hear stories that data on weapons projects has been hacked off the internet.

All of the U.S aircraft projects up to the B2 were pre internet. Most of the major weapons systems the U.S. uses date to before the internet. Of course these systems have all had major updates.

I understand that using the internet is more convenient for scientist, engineers and contractors. But for most of modern history major defense projects have been done with out the internet.

I would guess that familiarity and speed made them forget the vulnerability.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/for...awei-1.1137006

do not let huawei into your systems. never....
      The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X