Video: The Easter Offensive, 1972

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: The Easter Offensive, 1972

Found some good unedited ITN footages of South Vietnamese troops in combat during the Easter Offensive:

An Loc

Highway 13

cool videos boonie ...
    owner of the yahoo group for WW1 ,WW2 and Modern TO&Es
    (Tables of organisation & equipment or Unit of action )

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TOandEs/

Comment

Of course you are the sheetz Boonie , thanks.
      SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Interesting to me on the Hwy13 one was the guy slapping his buddy to move along , and the fellow drinking water from that nasty puddle .

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
          Interesting to me on the Hwy13 one was the guy slapping his buddy to move along , and the fellow drinking water from that nasty puddle .
          What you didn't see was that it was very likely that there were either some chlorine/iodine pills in the canteen which would sterilize all the bugs. Needless to say this was awful tasting stuff but it beat no water at all.

By the way, the journalist at the end was wrong. The ARVN South Vietnamese did eventually advance up the road and forced the North Vietnamese to retreat.
          "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss49 View Post
            By the way, the journalist at the end was wrong. The ARVN South Vietnamese did eventually advance up the road and forced the North Vietnamese to retreat.

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss49 View Post
              What you didn't see was that it was very likely that there were either some chlorine/iodine pills in the canteen which would sterilize all the bugs. Needless to say this was awful tasting stuff but it beat no water at all.

I realized about the chlorine/iodine pills, but dang that water looks un-sterilizeable . I believe I would have sucked on leaves before
              I could drink that.

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                I realized about the chlorine/iodine pills, but dang that water looks un-sterilizeable . I believe I would have sucked on leaves before
                I could drink that.
                Well, let's put it in perspective. When I got out & went back to college and some clod would start acting uppity, whether it was a professor or a pretty girl I would ask myself, "Now, I wonder just how long they would have to go hungry before they started eating cowdung." Because I know they would, I'd seen a lot of Vietnamese do just that to survive.
                "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X