Entertaining Vietnam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entertaining Vietnam

Excellent one-hour documentary of lesser-known Australian and American singers and bands who risked their lives (and sometimes lost them) in bringing entertainment and a taste of home to the troops in the thick of the Vietnam War. Highly recommended viewing.

-- RR

http://www.cultureunplugged.com/docu...aining-Vietnam
    www.RadioVietnam.net

Two thumbs up! That was a cool documentary.

Question- Who/what is the song around the 30:45 mark? Brian Setzer would have used that for the Stray Cats, badass tune!
    Them gals were tough and very special to do that stuff, and might I say, they have aged most adoringly!

Also, I was just finishing up watching it, they talked about the incident with Kathy Wayne being shot.
    Last edited by Leonardo63; 06 Jan 13, 22:20.

Comment

Really interesting documentary.

Thanks for posting it.

I'm not sure, if I were a grunt in the field, if I'd want to be presented with semi-naked, but unattainable, beautiful ladies thrusting their stuff at me on a distant stage.

On the other hand, I guess a lot of guys over there had access to sensual pleasures they could only have dreamed of back home.

Philip
      "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipLaos View Post
        Really interesting documentary.

Thanks for posting it.

I'm not sure, if I were a grunt in the field, if I'd want to be presented with semi-naked, but unattainable, beautiful ladies thrusting their stuff at me on a distant stage.

On the other hand, I guess a lot of guys over there had access to sensual pleasures they could only have dreamed of back home.

Philip
        Actually. a few I never even DREAMED of..........
        one of the perks of not being a grunt............

Comment

Outstanding video RR. Thank you very much for finding and posting it.

"War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
          - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

I'm dieing over here! What the heck is that song at 30:45?????????????

Alan, I know you gotta know it if anyone does.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X