Waffen SS Foreign Legion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waffen SS Foreign Legion

Hi to you all can anyone tell me if there is a site that lists all winners of the Croix de guerre des thtres d'oprations extrieures as Im trying to find the full name of a friend I used to work with in Germany (Brixton BKS Bielefeld) he was one of the waffen SS who fought in Indochina with the French Foreign Legion and won the croix de guerre.
    The way we found out was, as follows, we knew he was a reservist with the Foreign Legion and because, it was the Queens birthday and we were having a sergeants mess dinner in her honour he was invited. So Valdemir arrives in civilian clothing, and our RSM being a bit off an ******* sent him home to get his dress uniform, well when Valdemir returned you can imagine the uproar in walks Valdemir chest full of medals WWII and the Croix de guerre with Loral leaves, so naturally he be came the senior member of the mess that night and the razzman felt a right twit, it pays to check out who you work with you never no???. and youve guest it I just cant remember his surname, and he was one of the nicest people I have ever known. We talk a bit about his live and how and why he joined the waffen SS but thats another story which I hope to write about some day.

Chieftug, not sure if there is a site for Croix de guerres. The highest decoration for valor that an other ranker can receive in the French Army is the Medaille Militaire, which does have a society of awardees and may have such a site. If so, Boonie would know.
    dit: Lirelou

Phong trần mi một lưỡi gươm, Những loi gi o ti cơm s g!

Comment

thanks for that but as im new who is bonnie

Comment

Originally posted by chieftug View Post
        thanks for that but as im new who is bonnie
        That would be Boonierat, the Vietnam Forum moderator and expert on all things Vietnam War.
        You, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace, after having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

-- Ataturk

Comment

Chieftug, Sorry I did not see your reply earlier. The site foe the Socit Nationale d'Entraide de la Mdaille Militaire is here: http://www.snemm.fr/

Sorry, it's French only. If they cannot help you, you might try the Foreign Legion's historical division.
          dit: Lirelou

Phong trần mi một lưỡi gươm, Những loi gi o ti cơm s g!

Comment

Working...
          X