No announcement yet.

Suoi Da CIDG/SF Camp - SF Team A-113

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to jump in here with an off-topic comment, but . . . . .

In case you didn't know, Ron, they may have found something the past two days (Aug 29 & 30) at the Zimmer/Graff site. Just a "maybe" at this point, of course, but it's better than nothing, which is what they had till now.

Interesting, as Aug 29 is the anniversary of the incident.

Doug

Comment

Lirelou, thanks for the assistance, I appreciate it.
      If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - The Art of War

Comment

Sorry Doug - You know I can't comment on that. We remain hopeful. Thanks, Ron
        If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - The Art of War

Comment

I just visited this post. I am David Haddock. In Sep or Oct. 1964 I was XO of A-114(I think that is the right designation) which replaced A-113 We were both from the 1st SFG(A) Okinawa. Cpt Williams was the Det CO but was relieved and subsequently tranferred out of the 1st Gp. I was acting CO until Cpt Eckman arrived Nov or Dec. MSG Pappy Shearfield was team sgt.,Spec4 Burke was Sr. Medic,SFC Snowwhite was Heavy Weapons, Sgt Hall was Demo, Aslanian was Demo, Sgt Thompson was Commo, Sgt Dobbins was Commo, Sgt Ford was Weapons and Sgt Melgares was Intel. We saw considerable action and camp was frequently probed but had only one(1) mortar attack. I did not keep copies of any orders so dates are only based on my memory. I'm surprised I can remember the entire detachment. My next tour was with A-112 in the Central Highlands from Aug 65 until Feb 66. Cpt. Gregor was Det CO. Doc Halliburton was Sr Medic MSG Juania(sp?) team sgt and can't remember the rest.

Comment

Thank you very much for that post and for what you did. I love reading about SF generally, but especially from the era before conventional U.S. units began to arrive in Vietnam and the war was still an advisory effort. I found the book War Story by Jim Morris to be a great insight to that time.

There are a lot of SF legends from that era like Roger Donlon and Larry Thorne that are now seldom remembered outside of SF circles.

I think Jim Morris' book was so named because before what we think of as the beginning of U.S. involvement in Vietnam, some men already had a war story. Perhaps you should write yours.
            "Shoot for the epaulets, boys! Shoot for the epaulets!" - Daniel Morgan

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X