Remains of Errol Flynn's son, Sean, 'discovered' in Cambodia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remains of Errol Flynn's son, Sean, 'discovered' in Cambodia

Forensic tests will be conducted on what two searchers believe are the remains of photographer Sean Flynn, son of Hollywood star Errol Flynn, who disappeared during the Cambodian War 40 years ago.
    [...]
    FULL ARTICLE - TELEGRAPH

Human remains unearthed under controversial circumstances in Cambodia last month are not thought to be those of Sean Flynn, the son of Hollywood icon Errol Flynn and a US war photographer who disappeared in Cambodia 40 years ago, the US embassy in Phnom Penh said Monday.
    http://www.wearekhmers.com/?p=9598

Regards
    Dirige domine cor meum in prelio et doce manus in bello

Comment

That's one thing about the Khmer Rouge. They were not media savvy like the North Vietnamese who used the press to their advantage. The Khmer Rouge just killed everyone.

Comment

Flynn was one of the good guys despite his profession...

But the Vietnam War photographer Tim Page, a friend of Flynn's who has searched for decades for his remains, said the bones could belong to a dozen journalists suspected to have been killed in the area.

"Until there's positive proof, it could be any of 12 people. My concern is there's 12 of our mates out there. To us they're all important," said Page, who was angered by the alleged use of a mechanical digger at the site.
        It sure would be nice to get his body back for a proper burial.

Despite his being a journalist he seems to have been a fine human being.

Herr said the Flynn came to Vietnam to cleanse himself of the bogus Hollywood karma he had inherited.

His meeting with Patton's boy must have been hilarious... One of those "My father knew your father" trials, as Herr described it...
        "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Herr and Flynn

His friend Tim Page

Tribute.
          Dirige domine cor meum in prelio et doce manus in bello

Comment

Tim Page is in Afghanistan on some UN gig teaching Afghans how to take pictures.

Comment

Effin' Page, man...

Originally posted by eddie3rar View Post

Tim Page is in Afghanistan on some UN gig teaching Afghans how to take pictures.
              I saw Page's art exhibit last year, works of photographers who were killed in Vietnam between 1945 and 1975. Stunning shots, everyone one. Some Northern stuff, too...

There was a book with the pictures as well, perhaps he's giving autographed copies to those Afghans you mention... Gotta promote the book tour, eh?
              "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Happy to hear this news for the sake of the remaining family. He was an OK person in my eyes.

RIP
                "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
                - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

Read the rest of the thread D1.

Comment

Not sure what you mean Boonie other than there is still work to be done to determine for sure who it belongs to. If it is Flynn, then I stand by my comment.
                    "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
                    - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

Either way...

It helps to close every MIA case you can.
                      Save America!! Impeach Obama!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X