M6- vs. RPD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M6- vs. RPD

what do you think about the 2 matchups between these 2 machine guns?
    "Send Me"

M-60 rock and rolls!

M-60 all the way. M-60E3 is still in service. I don't think the RPD is.
    Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Always loved the m60

Comment

Never saw the appeal in the 60 myself. Jammed like crazy.

M-60 all the way. M-60E3 is still in service. I don't think the RPD is.
        In the Marines perhaps, The Army kicked it to the curb in favour of the 240 years ago.
        Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Long
          Never saw the appeal in the 60 myself. Jammed like crazy.

In the Marines perhaps, The Army kicked it to the curb in favour of the 240 years ago.

Special Forces (Seals) still use the M-60E3
          Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

The Marines fielded the M240 dismount before the Army. Toward the end of its time the M60 was worn out like .45 was. The M60's I used in the Marines (early 70's) were considerably 'tighter' than the ones I used in the 82nd and 1st Armored (early to late 80's). The Marines trained machine gunners as a primary MOS as opposed to the Army training machine gun use as a common task. One thing that was a disadvantage for the M60 was the packaging of the ammo in cloth and cardboard carrying containers.

I 'owned' a number of RPD's on Grenada and we burned a fair amount of ammo (along w/RPG7's too). The RPD's in '83 were out of the case new production. (New saw a new production M60.) So they were tight, about the same weight as M60, but their ammo came in metal cans that could be attached to weapon. That retangular design of the ammo can made the weapon awkward to carry.

Since there were still factory packed RPD's available in the mid-80's the age difference would be one advantage over the M60.

Comment

Maybe that was the problem then,All the ones I used were in the late '80's to date.
              Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X