Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid dumb question from a civvie' re' identity tags.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid dumb question from a civvie' re' identity tags.

The title of the thread says it all really - I just wanted to know exactly what information was/is kept on the metal identity tags worn by servicemen and women?

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Not sure about British forces, but the US 'dogtags' have the Name, Social Security Number, Blood Type, and Religious Affiliation.

There may also be a special red tinted one for medical allergies or special medical information if needed.

Comment

I just saw a show that said the US is about to begin using a "Dog tag" that will have a computer chip imbedded in it with all of the persons medical data on it. Sounds pretty cool.
      Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

My dad's tags from the mid-60's include his Name, Service Number, Blood Type, and Religion. Thats it.

Mark
        Deo Vindice
        Si vis pacem, para bellum. (If you want peace, prepare for war.)

Comment

Canada

Name, Service Number, Blood type & Religion.
          Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

I just saw a show that said the US is about to begin using a "Dog tag" that will have a computer chip imbedded in it with all of the persons medical data on it. Sounds pretty cool.
            Ive been hearing this since the mid-80's. Theve come closer to this with the new ID card but nothing new with the ID tags.
            Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X