Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interview with Vietnam Veteran Ron Kovic- Author of "Born on the Fourth of July"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with Vietnam Veteran Ron Kovic- Author of "Born on the Fourth of July"

Ronald Lawrence "Ron" Kovic (born July 4, 1946) is an American anti-war activist, writer and a former United States Marine Corps sergeant, who was wounded and paralyzed in the Vietnam War. He is best known as the author of the memoir Born on the Fourth of July in 1976, which was made into an Academy Award–winning film in 1989 directed by Oliver Stone, with Tom Cruise playing Kovic.[1]
    Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

This is an interview for everyone to watch. Just imagine being young able-bodied everything is going for you. And next thing you know you sign up for a war and boom you get shot after two tours in the Vietnam war. That is what happened to Mr. Kovic.

The interview really puts life into perspective. Kovic Talk about being young and strong and then just a few years later not being able to use the bathroom, not being able to have sex not being able to move either one of his legs for the rest of his life. Unless somehow God willing science and medicine can once and for all solved spinal cord injuries. It took a lot of courage for Kovic sign up willingly as a volunteer for the Vietnam war. And it took Kovic an equal or perhaps even more courage to rally against such a war. Agree with the man or not Kovic has a message as an antiwar activist. That is to tell America to end it’s involvement in the Vietnam war so no more of his own fellow troops could die brutally or get maimed in the war.

The interview nor the film turn to be against America or his involvement even in the Vietnam war. Because the communist committed their bad actions as well. but Mr. Kovic is undoubtably a hero for all the world to look up to

George S Patton

Comment

Thank you Mr. Stonewall Jack for the Thread. This is one of my favorite movie and will watch it again and again with the same emotional reaction. Praise Mr. Kovic for his courage and strength and intelligence.

Comment

Almost three Million Men, including me with two tours and the Purple Heart, served in Vietnam, and one will get about Three Million stories on their take of the Vietnam War, but only less than ten have used it to make Money with it, that's all I am saying about this thread.
        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Archer View Post
          Thank you Mr. Stonewall Jack for the Thread. This is one of my favorite movie and will watch it again and again with the same emotional reaction. Praise Mr. Kovic for his courage and strength and intelligence.
          Thank you very much Bo I appreciate it. I thoroughly enjoyed the film Born on the Fourth of July as well.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
            Almost three Million Men, including me with two tours and the Purple Heart, served in Vietnam, and one will get about Three Million stories on their take of the Vietnam War, but only less than ten have used it to make Money with it, that's all I am saying about this thread.

Many veterans or their family have made money off of the war stories from World War I to the modern wars.... I Suppose that the part of capitalism. Think of the film American sniper or the film about the American soldier in Afghanistan “Lone Survivor “

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
              10? Have you been to a book store lately, like, in the past 60 years? There are hundreds of books about that war written by veterans .
              Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post

Ronald Lawrence "Ron" Kovic (born July 4, 1946) is an American anti-war activist, writer and a former United States Marine Corps sergeant, who was wounded and paralyzed in the Vietnam War. He is best known as the author of the memoir Born on the Fourth of July in 1976, which was made into an Academy Award–winning film in 1989 directed by Oliver Stone, with Tom Cruise playing Kovic.[1]
                I have no time for that scumbag. And his cooperation with Oliver Stone, the conspiracy theorist and druggie only makes his reputation in tatters.

Three of my family went to Vietnam, two brothers and one cousin, and only one came back alive. All Kovic did was cash in and denigrate his service.
                We are not now that strength which in old days
                Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

I have no time for that scumbag. And his cooperation with Oliver Stone, the conspiracy theorist and druggie only makes his reputation in tatters.

Three of my family went to Vietnam, two brothers and one cousin, and only one came back alive. All Kovic did was cash in and denigrate his service.
                  I agree with you!
                  Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

On a personal level I feel sorry for Ron Kovic as a handicapped Veteran. I don't like his political views. He did serve in Vietnam though, which many of the Anti-Vietnam War people did not.

Pruitt
                    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Kovic in my opinion forfeited any 'pity' when he turned into an anti-war moron and then helped Roger Stone.
                      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                        Kovic in my opinion forfeited any 'pity' when he turned into an anti-war moron and then helped Roger Stone.
                        I assume you mean Oliver stone? And stone was a Vietnam veteran and is a great American. Not many know the former.

Kovic Is paralyzed from the waist down and is so directly due to America sending him to the Vietnam war. I think he’s on a folly catheter for life as well both of which is hell on earth. I’ve been through a spinal cord injury and a catheter and it’s life altering.. torturous at times. Kovic served and earned a Purple Heart in the war. He is an amazing inspiration to many people who have to overcome obstacles in life

“Having joined the Marines to become a hero, Kovic was disillusioned by his experiences in Vietnam. On January 20, 1968, he was shot in the spine during combat and paralyzed from the waist down. Because of his service and courage, Kovic was awarded a purple heart medal. But, instead of feeling like a hero, he grappled with feelings of guilt and shame.

When Kovic returned to New York, he did not receive a hero’s welcome — as one might expect. Facing the disdain of people who were enraged about the Vietnam War, Kovic languished in Queens and Bronx veterans’ hospitals where conditions were deplorably poor”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bio...iter/ron-kovic

George S Patton

Comment

...Kovic Is paralyzed...due to America sending him to the Vietnam war...
                          Mr. Kovic volunteered for service Vietnam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Kovic

Comment

Yep-Kovic was a volunteer to go to Southeast Asia.

Comment

I assume you mean Oliver stone? And stone was a Vietnam veteran and is a great American. Not many know the former.

Kovic Is paralyzed from the waist down and is so directly due to America sending him to the Vietnam war. I think he’s on a folly catheter for life as well both of which is hell on earth. I’ve been through a spinal cord injury and a catheter and it’s life altering.. torturous at times. Kovic served and earned a Purple Heart in the war. He is an amazing inspiration to many people who have to overcome obstacles in life

“Having joined the Marines to become a hero, Kovic was disillusioned by his experiences in Vietnam. On January 20, 1968, he was shot in the spine during combat and paralyzed from the waist down. Because of his service and courage, Kovic was awarded a purple heart medal. But, instead of feeling like a hero, he grappled with feelings of guilt and shame.

When Kovic returned to New York, he did not receive a hero’s welcome — as one might expect. Facing the disdain of people who were enraged about the Vietnam War, Kovic languished in Queens and Bronx veterans’ hospitals where conditions were deplorably poor”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bio...iter/ron-kovic
                              Yes-Oliver Stone-my error.

Could you name any Vietnam veteran who was given a hero's welcome when they came home? Some were spit on and were reviled by the cowards in the anti-war movement.

Give us a break. Your version of 'history' is laughable.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X