X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pin

https://www.military.com/militaryadv...exchanges.html
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Thanks for the heads-up, John. The lapel pin looks impressive.
    "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

Meeting another old warrior tomorrow at the PX to pick ours up.

Comment

As usual with that Fuk!n war...……….just did a 20 minute search to find any place to get the pin...… nothing here or even close..... I'm like 100 miles from fort leonard wood...………..

Comment

i'LL TRY TO GET TWO. If not you can have mine,

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
            i'LL TRY TO GET TWO. If not you can have mine,
            thanks anyway John...……….its no big deal.... just the idea. Actually its quite funny...……...here your in Germany and have access to getting one...…………..I'm in America...……...and its 100 miles away...……….by the way Salute Brother...…..happy Vietnam veterans day.

Comment

Don't know about you Jeff but all this celebration BS is several years to late. Or as we use to say...don't mean nothing.

Comment

totally agree...…….

Comment

All of you and all other Allied vets should get this pin from the people:

Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post
                    As usual with that Fuk!n war...……….just did a 20 minute search to find any place to get the pin...… nothing here or even close..... I'm like 100 miles from fort leonard wood...………..
                    From the link in the initial post in this thread:
                    "If you can't get to the exchange for a lapel pin March 29, you can visit http://www.vietnamwar50th.com/events/ to find an event or commemorative partner in your local area.

If there are no events in your area, or you can't make it to any local events you can still get a pin by contacting the United States of America Vietnam War Commemoration office directly at 877-387-9951 or whs.vnwar50th@mail.mil."
                    "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

Reading further about the United States of America Vietnam War Commemoration on this web page, I found the following under the heading 8. Important Supporting Facts subheading Who We Honor:

"The Commemoration recognizes all who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces at any time during the period of November 1, 1955 to May 15, 1975, regardless of duty location; and their families.

"We make no distinction between veterans who served in-country, in-theater, or who were stationed elsewhere during the Vietnam War period. All were called to serve and none could self-determine where they were stationed."

It seems to me that takes away a lot from what I thought the lapel pin is supposed to represent. I mean, why are those who weren't even in Vietnam during the conflict be awarded the same honors as those of us who were? What it basically says is that anyone in the U.S. Military from 1955 to 1975 is eligible to receive the Vietnam War Veteran lapel pin whether they were in Vietnam or not. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Greybriar View Post
                        Reading further about the United States of America Vietnam War Commemoration on this web page, I found the following under the heading 8. Important Supporting Facts subheading Who We Honor:

"The Commemoration recognizes all who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces at any time during the period of November 1, 1955 to May 15, 1975, regardless of duty location; and their families.

"We make no distinction between veterans who served in-country, in-theater, or who were stationed elsewhere during the Vietnam War period. All were called to serve and none could self-determine where they were stationed."

It seems to me that takes away a lot from what I thought the lapel pin is supposed to represent. I mean, why are those who weren't even in Vietnam during the conflict be awarded the same honors as those of us who were? What it basically says is that anyone in the U.S. Military from 1955 to 1975 is eligible to receive the Vietnam War Veteran lapel pin whether they were in Vietnam or not. What do you think?
                        Ya. I read that. I agree,its supposedly for Vietnam veterans...……….but its not just Vietnam veterans...…..
                        Anyway I found a VA facility I did not know about. Walked in this morning and said hey wheres this pin at for Vietnam vets? Long story short I walked into a VA PTSD help center...……..had a nice hour long session trading stories with an ex- Green beret who had part of his arm and some fingers blown off in Afghanistan...……..also said he'd been shot twice...……..he gave me the pin...…..

Comment

File under where the sun never shines. Truly a WTF deal.

Comment

I just got back from picking up my lapel pin. The guy who gave it to me (plus a sheet about the Vietnam Veteran Lapel Pin and a copy of the Commemoration of the 50th Anniversary of the Vietnam War Proclamation) told me he had served with the 82nd Airborne during his tour in Vietnam. He said there had been a ceremony last night during which the lapel pins were given out (which I had known absolutely nothing about and probably wouldn't have attended if I had).

At any rate I got my lapel pin and it looks good despite the fact that many millions of non-Vietnam vets also got one. It reminds me of why I joined the VFW instead of the American Legion. But life goes on...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X